project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
28 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2006, 06:29 PM   #1
corolor

Default Suggestion for Scoring point

Hi,

I have an idea this evening withe the point system & squad.
I do not know if you can apply it to the mod.

my idea.
In a squad:
The whole squad earn point for Flag capture.
I think about it because for cover my team i have to stay at 5, 10 or sometime 20 m & more from the flag. i du not earn point for that but i participate in this capture.

If a team member score a hit, all the other members earn 50% of the killing score.
No scoring for assist, or the full kill point. (i hate when a wound a guy at 90% and another one have the kill )
For this 2 maybe you should have that the other members must be within 50-60 meters (yards) of the scoring guy (kill, flag)

All the LoneWolf earn only 50% of all the scoring point for kill & no team point at all (assist, flag, medic, supp etc..)

The squad must have at least 3 members (since ABR need 6 players min. / 2 =3 min. in each group)

What do you think ?

PS: i know there is some bugg with this system. I've got 2 or 3 in mind.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

France - PRMM - AAS - ABR [195.7.126.25:16567]
corolor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:40 PM   #2
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

We are evaluating changes to the scoring system that would include:
- more points for taking out a vehicle versus a foot soldier
- losing teamwork points for losing a vehicle
.. both of thsoe are on a sliding scale of vehicle worth where a tank is worth more than a jeep

- rewarding players less for kills and more for survivability
.. some calculations on your kills : death ratio will award a bonus for having a high survivability ratio

- less points for kills, more points for staying alive

- placing a higher value on players based on their score
.. so a player with 1 kill is worth less than a player with 10 kills
.. everybody can whore after Dedmon for high points

There are a few other tweaks in the system we are looking at, the main goal is to add in some penalties for thrashing vehicles and reward players more for staying alive than for getting a lot of kills.

You have some good ideas there, we can take a look at how those can fit in.

This will take some testing and tweaking .. people tend to get pretty sensitive about scoring sytem changes, but we really want to have a much more teamwork oriented scoring system. And to penalise players for losing themselves and/or vehcles irresponsibly

Thoughts?

egg

Cheers!
egg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eggman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:47 PM   #3
solodude23

Send a message via AIM to solodude23 Send a message via Yahoo to solodude23

I don't like the idea of no points at all for killing, but I love the sound of those eggman. Im automatically a player how stays alive more than others, at leats when it comes to my K/D Ratio, so I love the sound of it. I am always more proud of myself in a game getting like 16:0 than getting like 46:14.

Love the sound of it egg

I was infact gonig to ask something like more points for taking out vehicles. Im tired of doing so great as AT but not getting near the points as someone fighting Infantry, even if you were way more skilled.
Last edited by solodude23; 03-03-2006 at 11:29 PM..
Old 03-03-2006, 11:04 PM   #4
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

It won't be no points for killing... but it will be less important to get a lot of kills than it will be to:
1. keep your self alive
2. keep your vehicle alive
3. capture flags / objectives
4. kill players who (theoretically) have a higher skill level than you do as a result of their k:d ratio being higher than yours

Will post more details once we flesh it out, but still would like to hear more comments from community to help us get it right.

egg

Cheers!
egg

Old 03-04-2006, 02:18 AM   #5
solodude23

Yup I understand, I was referring to corolor's bit about no personal points for killing.

Also kinda bugs me when someone has a better score than me, but their deaths are WAY over their kills and teamwork, and they are above my few deaths, moderate kills, and moderate teamwork points. From the sounds of it these changes will change that
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 02:28 AM   #6
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

yea those ideas sound amazing eggman, i really hope they can be implemented!

ESPECIALLY more points for taking out armor/helos/jets! Because you know the AT man usually gets stiffed. Usually what ends up happening, is he disables the enemies vehicle, the pilot hops out and then your squad mows him down with crossfire! While looking really cool and realistic, still the guy who disabled the tank essentially gets zero points for doing his job!

Although most people playing PRMM dont care about scores too much, itd be nice to see a more accurate scoring table, about who really is a good player, and whos simply racking up kills for the sake of it...
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 04:41 AM   #7
Evil_Eye

Those sound like good ideas, but it would be useless as PR doesnt have its own stat system.
Evil_Eye is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 04:56 AM   #8
Zepheris Casull

frankly speaking global stat tracking is pointless in any internet situation when it comes to determining the person's ability accurately anyway. Just like how BF2 stats is so utterly crap in my humble oppinion.

so rather than being concerned with getting stats i'd say so long it gives enough incentive for ppl to do their role that's good enough.
Zepheris Casull is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 05:10 AM   #9
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Eye
Those sound like good ideas, but it would be useless as PR doesnt have its own stat system.
Uh.... BF2 uses ABR which is the equivalent of the EA Stats system (only this one works for mods).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzhead
Although most people playing PRMM dont care about scores too much, itd be nice to see a more accurate scoring table, about who really is a good player, and whos simply racking up kills for the sake of it...
Don't think it will ever be tweaked to be perfect, but the current VBF2 scoring system is very, very basic and does not encourage teamwork and survivability as much as we could make it.

egg

Cheers!
egg

Old 03-04-2006, 12:53 PM   #10
solodude23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Eye
You mean ABR?

http://gloryhoundz.com/stats/
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
point, scoring, suggestion