project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
29 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2006, 01:12 PM   #1
Sandman-SAS-
Default damn that fricken SAW

SAW SAW SAW,s Everywhere, I think they,re waaay to effective compared to other weaps. maybe lower rate of fire or aim..or time delay on firing from prone...less body armour, plz whatever it takes to stop players spamming it
Sandman-SAS- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:21 PM   #2
Wraith
Retired PR Developer

One word, SNIPER.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wraith is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:34 PM   #3
[BiM]Black7

Send a message via MSN to [BiM]Black7

real life aint balanced...

"It's every man's dream to hear that beer and pizza can prevent cancer," he said. "However, the 17 beers and four large pizzas needed to get enough xanthohumol and lycopene to help prevent prostate cancer is unfortunately not advised."
[BiM]Black7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:53 PM   #4
acadiancrusader
Send a message via AIM to acadiancrusader Send a message via MSN to acadiancrusader Send a message via Yahoo to acadiancrusader

another two words: flank, m203
acadiancrusader is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:58 PM   #5
requiem
Project Founder
Supporting Member

SAW is balanced; can't heal himself, has no long distance vision and absolutely no means to beat anybody in close quarters. You need players for every depth of the battlefield, this one caters to your defense as well as holding the middle ground.

requiem is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 02:02 PM   #6
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadiancrusader
another two words: flank, m203
no just flank them with your m16 and shoot them in head or knife them. No need for a m203.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:05 PM   #7
lonelyjew

The support kit itself is unbalanced. The lmg's themselves are fine, they do exactly what they are supposed to do, mow down anything that gets in their field of fire with a massive field of fire(and effectively lay down supressing fire). What needs to be changed is the way the support class can rearm itself. Why conserve your ammo and pick your shots(somewhat) when you can unload without any qualms because you have unlimited ammo?

Without this, the way people just unload would ruin them after only a few kills.
lonelyjew is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:00 PM   #8
acadiancrusader
Send a message via AIM to acadiancrusader Send a message via MSN to acadiancrusader Send a message via Yahoo to acadiancrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelyjew
The support kit itself is unbalanced. The lmg's themselves are fine, they do exactly what they are supposed to do, mow down anything that gets in their field of fire with a massive field of fire(and effectively lay down supressing fire). What needs to be changed is the way the support class can rearm itself. Why conserve your ammo and pick your shots(somewhat) when you can unload without any qualms because you have unlimited ammo?

Without this, the way people just unload would ruin them after only a few kills.
this is something that i definately agree with. the unlimited ammo thing is absurd. infact, the military teaches ammo conservation. people simply shoot far too much ingame as there are no consequences for doing so. you have supply crates and support classes to rearm everyone. it really is rediculous. if the support class was limited to just a couple (or whatever real world equilivant is) ammo bags, it would be far better.

actually, the ammo bag is kinda rediculous in itself... the saw, mag-based rifles, shot-gun shells, 50cal, etc,... are all different. but for some reason, the happy-magic-all-purpose-ammo-bag doesn't seem to care about that fact.

i hope that this is something on the list for the devs to address down the line.

and i emphasize 'down the line' as i don't want to come across complaining about something that really isn't THAT important, compared to other aspects of the game.

obviously there is a long list of things that the devs need to tackle, and that list needs to be organized with priority in mind. we, as PR community members, need to remember this. we can find/talk/bitch about sooooo many things in the game. we just need to remember that devs can only do so much at a time. priority of issue is something that us non-devs often forget.
acadiancrusader is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:22 PM   #9
Ghost33

I'd be happy if their was a way to limit ammo bags like you would limit grenades, only give them 3 bags or so and holding it does nothing for rearm. Reality, people run out of ammo.

Sgt. Ghost33

Joker: "How can you shoot women and children!?"
Doorgunner: "Easy. You just don't lead 'em so much!"

"Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at."
Ghost33 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 05:01 PM   #10
Peter-SAS

I've posted this in another thread, but I was discussing this last night with my good friend Sandman, who's getting a little peeved by it:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simple Solution to the Support Ownage (unless there is no way of limiting classes)

1. Take away body armour. Why on earth give them body armour? At least we might be able to shoot them first before the have the abillity to spam the dive animation glitch
2. Make them not able to sprint at all
3. Implement the code with the sniper and m203's that you have to stay still before it becomes accurate (to simulate getting out the tripod)
4. Completley nerf fireing from the hip, or when standing

I don't mind the power and accuracy. The problem is that people are abusing it. Theres too many, and all i even see from them is rambo's who dive prone and drop you before they even hit the ground. The dive animation needs the same treatment as hopping and sprinting (the gun tucks into their body)

Its really starting the damage the playabillity of the game, and the sustainabillity of a large community, including clans. Imagine clan matches. You will just get a whole squad of gunners, and there is nothing you can do about it.

You can only take the realism of the game to a certain point. Its still a game, its open to abuse, and the engine has massive limitations.

Ingame: Peter-SAS
Class: Whatever the SL wants
Peter-SAS is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
damn, fricken