project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
18 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2006, 05:42 PM   #11
Wesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by EON_MagicMan
I'm not saying that jeeps kill you or anything-- in fact, they try not to engage you. IT leaves an assaulting infantry squad helpless to stop them, and most leaders are too stubborn to head back to the base to stop them.

Not to mention, two oncoming jeeps never stop, but rather, just drive past eachother.

More often than not, this map is just a big race-- once you're pushed past that bridge, it's pretty much over. Only once or twice have I ever overcome that with the squad.
Yes but again. Players are not always stupid. It's a hard map.
The end - i think
Wesh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:46 PM   #12
EON_MagicMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesh
Nice diagrams

I do get your point. But hopefully and I don't think people will always be 'stupid' all the time. And if you are in a nice server with nice people and with people who have a bit skill, and lets say, a bit organized with a commander etc.
So that prettymuch excludes public servers, unless you have a few "PR Heroes" playing, which is either a hit or a miss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesh
There IS gonna be people defending and people not passing by each other.

I don't like the idea of this "safeness" in your pocket while trying to fight and move towards the enemy's base. I like that the enemy acutally can make a turning point in the fight.
The turning point is when you advance and obliterate the enemy squad, or when you are obliterated.

I think with public servers you do have to force these situations. Really, it's not fun being in the most epic battle when a Jeep goes by, deliberately trying to run a few of your guys over (obviously), and then either you turn around and chase, or rely on your defenses, the guys who got bored of defending and hopped on a boat to be heroes.

Here's the difference between Jeeps and Infantry in this situation: With jeeps, if you want to get by, you just drive through-- you don't even need to excercise caution, because the other team spawning an Anti Tank guy would be a waste of a man, and you've got about an 80% chance of driving through an enemy squad without getting shot out, because it's too damned fast.

With Infantry, if you want to get by, you can sneak by. If you're successful, you can blame it on the fact that the enemy didn't cover enough area, or was weak in one area, not on the fact that you were flying by them at 100km/h, and that they're too determined to attack than to turn around.

Either way, it's probably worth a try. It sure did wonders for Oasis!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
EON_MagicMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:55 PM   #13
Wesh

Hmm, Hehe you are starting to convince me a bit tbh!

But I do need to experience this "phenomenon" a bit more!
Think I might have played steel thunder on too crowded serveres. Where theres always someone staying back.

Old 03-02-2006, 09:46 PM   #14
00SoldierofFortune00

The assault grenade launcher is pretty bad against the jeeps and vehicles. They don't take them out all the time even with a near or direct hit. I hit one right in the front or close to the side once and it still did not blow up the buggy. They should have to go through the forest(kill zone) or take a boat which makes it harder to have people going back and forth constantly for flags they lose. The #1 reason flags are taken so quickly and loss so quickly again is because people just rush in buggies and they spawn their whole squad behind enemy lines which doesn't make them clear out all the enemies in the area really.

They should have to eliminate all threats in the area and then get on teh flag which makes it much more realistic and plausible to real combat rather than buggy rushes.
00SoldierofFortune00 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:35 PM   #15
Wipeout

The no jeeps Idea is nice because then you don't have a few guys running around just capping, instead you have strategy. More strategic defense planning and attack planning.

And the always fun ambush. Whether on the receiving side or on the attacking side, it's always fun to participate in an ambush. Because if your on the receiving side, it's like Oh my god! How did that just happen that was awesome. And on the attacking side it's like, wow we just scared the crap and slaughtered that entire squad.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wipeout is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:53 AM   #16
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I would like to keep the RIB in. But have it on a long spawn time. But yes. LOOSE THE JEEPS! I never take them as they do split up the squad.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:24 AM   #17
Peter-SAS

Simple suggestion to it splitting up squads. We need 6ton transport trucks With MG's on top for suggestion (no crosshairs)

I think in the large version of the map, you should cut down on the tanks, by about 2, and then adds some jeeps. But in the 16 player version, pehaps no jeeps and no tanks

Ingame: Peter-SAS
Class: Whatever the SL wants
Peter-SAS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:45 AM   #18
Wesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter-SAS
Simple suggestion to it splitting up squads. We need 6ton transport trucks With MG's on top for suggestion (no crosshairs)

I think in the large version of the map, you should cut down on the tanks, by about 2, and then adds some jeeps. But in the 16 player version, pehaps no jeeps and no tanks
yeah.

*agrees*
Old 03-03-2006, 11:25 AM   #19
{GD}Snake13

But basicly you're just trying to dumb the map down, you should have people on defense, not change the map so you don't have to bother. If you don't have people defending your rear you get encircled, this is what should happen not a problem with the map

{GD}Snake13 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:56 PM   #20
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

keep as manny tanks as there are on 32 and 64. Its a armor battle and we need to keep it that way. on 16 man you dont want any tanks or jeeps.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
gloryhoundz, serverside, steel, suggestion, thunder