project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2008, 12:41 AM   #1
Human_001

Default VoIP

I think this is not yet been suggested, or I can't find them with my ability to use the search function.

Is it possible to use VoIP as if you are talking in real life? So when you talk on VoIP your voice will be heard to any one near to you. And some how make it sound loder/quiet depending on distance, and could be heard maybe up to about 50m or so if you shout.

It will be fun and real if you can talk to enemy soldiers/any one near to you/suppressing civilians with speaking, or just sneak up and listen to what enemy squad is going to do next.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:11 AM   #2
gumball

Default Re: VoIP

im 98 percent sure this has been suggested before and im pretty sure the voip is hardcoded.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-...ggestions.html

this link is to the already suggested suggestions thread. Whatever in red is hardcoded and if you look "VoIP between squads/between squad leaders/vehicles" is up there and hardcoded.

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost716 View Post
Would it be possible to make it so whenever you say something over the squads voip channel it is also an ambient sound? that way you have to actually try to be quiet if you're sneaking up on someone. Also another idea of mine is that when you say something over the voip channel if a squadmate is very far away from you it will be quieter or start braking. up it might promote squad unity and encourage the squad to stick together. btw i searched in the forums and in the list and didn't find any ideas like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
not impossible, if EA gave us the source code and let us play at will with it we could maybe

but with the current limitations its not possible to do this, the VOIP is hard coded and cant be modded.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
^movie is called bill^
Old 08-03-2008, 01:49 AM   #3
Human_001

Thanks for the reply. It answered the question. Very informative.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:48 AM   #4
Oklahoman

It's really a shame. A lot of really cool things could be done with the voip system if it were at all possible.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:16 AM   #5
KP
Retired Moderator

^ True. However, as has been said, this is hardcoded, so the thread gets locked now.

More guns and bullets make bad guys go away faster,
which in turn makes everyone in the area safer.

-Paul Howe
Closed Thread

Tags
voip