project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2008, 03:40 PM   #21
Nugiman

Nugiman's Avatar
Default Re: Littlebirds able to drop ammo bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMoonPie View Post
...and I dont see your point.
If I go to it.....and It gives me supplies....its a supply point.
If I go to it.....and the other team begins to appear.....its an RP.

Either way I would destoy it.....this would just be common sense in an area I was sweeping clean.
Yes, and if you are at the bags, you are waiting. Suddenly 3 people spawn and you are dead.
They form up, make a new rally point somewhere else and you dont find them again. Maybe they take a flag or kill much people of your team.
If you knew that its a enemy RP you would knife it asap, and they have to spawn at the base again.
It could be essential for the whole game!

Your way of finding out if its ammo or rp is the worst way you could choose.

Veni, Vidi, Pwnz0rz. - I came, I saw, I pwnd
Nugiman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:30 PM   #22
RCMoonPie
Supporting Member

RCMoonPie's Avatar
Default Re: Littlebirds able to drop ammo bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugiman View Post
Yes, and if you are at the bags, you are waiting. Suddenly 3 people spawn and you are dead.
They form up, make a new rally point somewhere else and you dont find them again. Maybe they take a flag or kill much people of your team.
If you knew that its a enemy RP you would knife it asap, and they have to spawn at the base again.
It could be essential for the whole game!

Your way of finding out if its ammo or rp is the worst way you could choose.
The fact that you couldnt read my last post for what it was.....nevermind.

If the packs are suspect....destroy them.....its plain and simple.
Just destroy them......and then set up your own rally or resupply for your team erasing any doubt.(assuming you are traveling as a squad and not a soloing tard, right?)

You are getting hung up on the idea because you are wanting to exploit and use the enemy supply.
Getting yourself killed or others on your team for not destroying what could have been a cache is your fault.....Period.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
RCMoonPie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:33 PM   #23
Tirak

Tirak's Avatar
Default Re: Littlebirds able to drop ammo bags

Why not just put the Ammo Bag symbol instead of the flag, you know, the square with the three bullets.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tirak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:34 PM   #24
Fluffywuffy

Fluffywuffy's Avatar
Default Re: Littlebirds able to drop ammo bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMoonPie View Post
No they wouldnt be able to drop a crate....and its unlikely they would be able to drop off a ammo cache like the humvees, landys, etc.....

But it is practical and realistic that they could drop off packs and duffles of ammo and medical supplies. I personally have recieved these gifts via a rooftop ressuply.
Softbags readily fit behind the seats of pilot and co-pilot.
You can see in the following picture of a "little bird" that there is plenty of room for a door-gunner...and supplies.

I picked this picture from a google search as it demonstrates how much compartmental space is actually in a little-bird. This picture is is of a Blackwater helicoptor in Iraq if I am not mistaken.

Instead of the crate or vehicle-bourne cache.....a limited resupply could be created that looks like the current rally place-holder.
It could be dropped from a limited height of around 10ft or so(in game) to simulate being dragged out and dropped by the co-pilot. Anything higher would destroy the resupply.(in game)

It would be beneficial to those squads whose SL doesnt have the officers kit, squads who didnt set a rally whose officer is dead....or many other scenarios. But to be clear....it would not serve as a rally.....ONLY a resupply!

I think it would have a place in game on many maps.
And it has realism.
Thats a MD-500F. It's still small too.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[DM]AirborneLegs or hellatom ingame
Fluffywuffy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:34 PM   #25
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

Bringerof_D's Avatar
Default Re: Littlebirds able to drop ammo bags

i think he meant small ammo bags like the one the rifleman carries
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:02 PM   #26
Nugiman

Nugiman's Avatar
Default Re: Littlebirds able to drop ammo bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMoonPie View Post
The fact that you couldnt read my last post for what it was.....nevermind.

If the packs are suspect....destroy them.....its plain and simple.
Just destroy them......and then set up your own rally or resupply for your team erasing any doubt.(assuming you are traveling as a squad and not a soloing tard, right?)

You are getting hung up on the idea because you are wanting to exploit and use the enemy supply.
Getting yourself killed or others on your team for not destroying what could have been a cache is your fault.....Period.
No im not a lonewolf, im always playing in squads, mostly as squadleader.

I say that if you push the enemy back it should be a "reward" to get their ammo. Because after a hard fight you have less grenades and mags, and if the enemy doesnt destroy the ammo so you cant use it after the fight, it is his fault.
I just want to say that this could be a cool stratigy, that the enemy is destroying the ammo before he is falling back, and if hes not doing, his enemy profits of it.
I mean we already have this situation with supply crates and the ammo supply of apcs and jeeps.
Arent you happy when you killed a squad and destroyed their rally and then you find their supply crate and can totally resupply with your squad?

I mean it wouldnt be game deciding, but i think its a nice point

Veni, Vidi, Pwnz0rz. - I came, I saw, I pwnd
Nugiman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:13 PM   #27
lord rifle

lord rifle's Avatar
Default Re: Littlebirds able to drop ammo bags

yea 1 supply crate would be nice for all light helis

VIOLENCE IS POWER

in game name: [420]Rifle-death

Favorit servers: Tactical Gamer, Battle arena, Texas Team, HOG Chicago,

Join my Squad! Follow my Orders!
lord rifle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:30 PM   #28
RCMoonPie
Supporting Member

RCMoonPie's Avatar
Default Re: Littlebirds able to drop ammo bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord rifle View Post
yea 1 supply crate would be nice for all light helis
ahem....

Please tell us how realistically a light helo could carry a crate.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
RCMoonPie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:50 PM   #29
Nugiman

Nugiman's Avatar
Default Re: Littlebirds able to drop ammo bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMoonPie View Post
ahem....

Please tell us how realistically a light helo could carry a crate.
I think he just means ammo generally, and just used the word supply crate :P

btw what do you say to my last post? You know now why i want that the ammo from lb should look different like RPs?

Veni, Vidi, Pwnz0rz. - I came, I saw, I pwnd
Nugiman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:06 PM   #30
Tirak

Tirak's Avatar
Default Re: Littlebirds able to drop ammo bags

Okay, little bump for a topic with a lot of potential. Basically it gives Light Transport Helicopters the ability to drop rifleman ammo bags. I believe this would be a very useful addition because it would allow resupply in areas that the Medium and Heavy transports have trouble getting to and allows vehicles like the Lynx on Basrah to be useful as more than just a taxi.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tirak is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
ammo, bags, drop, littlebirds
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:17 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2014, Project Reality.