project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2008, 10:46 PM   #31
Waaah_Wah
Banned
Default Re: HEAT damage boost vs APCs

Im talking about tank shells here. Not APC rounds.
Waaah_Wah is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:03 PM   #32
GR34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR34 View Post
The round is not HEAT its is HEI-T (High Explosive insendary- Tracer) I think thats when the other shell is in the tanks
Ok NVM I just checked training mod and it is HEAT-MP-T my bad I got them confused

In game name Joshey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GR34 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:41 PM   #33
[R-DEV]Thermis
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuerwaffen View Post
HEATs not anti infantry. Its another shell to be used against armor. It spins through the air and when it hits a target it sends hot molten steel in the armor. I think to the best of my knowledge?
A HEAT round is a multi staged explosive warhead used to penetrate armor. HEAT rounds don't spin they just punch through with the explosive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAJTHOMAS View Post
Well that would depend on whether the barrel is smooth bore or rifled I suppose?
All NATO Tanks Have a smooth bore main gun. The Challenger is still getting ported over to my knowledge but the Abrams, Challenger 2, and Leopard 2 all have the same gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaah_Wah View Post
If a SABOT round goes though a vehicle, everyone in it wont die...
If a SABOT round hit an APC the Crew would be toast even if it went threw and threw the impact of the round pushes shrapnel into the vehicle. And the kinetic heat from the impact would probably cause problems also.

IMO any tank round that hit an APC would take it out of action. If the APC was lucky the crew could live and bail. In game I've never seen an APC survive a tank hit very long. So I think the system is fine as is.
[R-DEV]Thermis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 02:36 AM   #34
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermis View Post
All NATO Tanks Have a smooth bore main gun. The Challenger is still getting ported over to my knowledge but the Abrams, Challenger 2, and Leopard 2 all have the same gun.
Nope, the Challenger 2 still uses the L30A1 Rifled gun as its main armament. The Abrams carries the Riemenatall L44, while the Leo 2 carries the L55 (a longer, more powerful version of the same gun)

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 02:50 AM   #35
Harrod200

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Bob_Marley View Post
Nope, the Challenger 2 still uses the L30A1 Rifled gun as its main armament. The Abrams carries the Riemenatall L44, while the Leo 2 carries the L55 (a longer, more powerful version of the same gun)
This man is correct. Us = Rifled, everyone else = smoothbore.

The original gun freak gaymer geek

Harrod200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:14 AM   #36
jack2665

bobs all ways right hes like a human Wikipedia for all things WAR
jack2665 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:37 AM   #37
Chanvlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermis View Post
If a SABOT round hit an APC the Crew would be toast even if it went threw and threw the impact of the round pushes shrapnel into the vehicle. And the kinetic heat from the impact would probably cause problems also.

IMO any tank round that hit an APC would take it out of action. If the APC was lucky the crew could live and bail. In game I've never seen an APC survive a tank hit very long. So I think the system is fine as is.

agreed.

ahaha true that jack

Mod DB's Modcast: Guy: So what new things will be in Future PR releases.
Katarn: Fastropes, yeh fast ropes, and you can shoot while your on the ropes.
Last edited by Chanvlan; 07-27-2008 at 04:43 AM..
Old 07-27-2008, 06:41 PM   #38
[R-DEV]Thermis

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Bob_Marley View Post
It's your guy's tank so I trust you to know. I had heard down the pipe that you guys were getting a smooth version. The L30A1 is produced by Rheinmetall if I'm not mistaken.
[R-DEV]Thermis is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
apcs, boost, damage, heat