project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
25 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2006, 02:23 PM   #21
Braddock096

the larger vehicles you can prone and let the b*stards drive over you. The smaller ones have given me plenty of kills when I hose them down.
Braddock096 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 05:23 PM   #22
Gran

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]JavaMoose
What would happen, IRL, if a USMC Soldier ran over an Insurgent with his HMMV? Wonder if that has ever happened...
I have heard stories from friends that even children have been pushed in front of US vehilces for media effect. US soldiers, running over Iraqi children? Damn that would look bad under any circumstance. I cannot confirm this but was told it by someone I have no reason to distrust.

"Nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right people get shot" – CLINT EASTWOOD
21B Combat Engineer US ARMY
Gran is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 06:22 PM   #23
Katarn
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddock096
the larger vehicles you can prone and let the b*stards drive over you. The smaller ones have given me plenty of kills when I hose them down.
If you can get some distance with a buggy, opening fire on it w/ an m249 or RPK74 does the trick rather quickly.
Katarn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:38 PM   #24
Braddock096

Precisely.

@Gran, sadly that doesn't surprise me at all.
Braddock096 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:46 PM   #25
solodude23

Send a message via AIM to solodude23 Send a message via Yahoo to solodude23

Everyone complains so much about vehicles, and yet I never see AT on that map. Last time I really played it seriously was when I was in a squad with fuzzhead on saturday's battle day a while back. I went AT for an entire round. I remember in the end everyone in the squad had at least 15-20 kills and NO deaths. There was one, but thast it. One death, one person. The rest of us never died once.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:59 PM   #26
00SoldierofFortune00

The reason people never play AT os because of the wep. Like I suggested in another post, maybe we should give them a little more powerful pistol like the 1911, USP, or P226 .40 so they will play it more. Just a little change of something will get people to try it out and they might come to like it. But vehicle spawns should be upped especially on a level like Steel Thunder, Dragon Valley, and Kubra etc.
00SoldierofFortune00 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:01 PM   #27
solodude23

Only thing that should be changed it so you it takes maybe 3 shots from it to die. Im tired of shooting some guy 3-4 times with a 92FS only for him to take me out in maybe 2 shots, or likely 1 trigger pull on burst.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:22 AM   #28
Zepheris Casull

technically a pistol like 92SF with standard 9mm FMJ round shouldn't be able to penetrate standard body armour worn by soldiers at all. Let's say we're talking a very near future condition then the US marines should be fully equipped with interceptor armours, and MEC should have a similar body armour. Heck some of the current US soldiers have dragon skin armour and if u can't penetrate the armour with 9mm point blank i am quite certain u won't do any better at any other range.

Now i am not the best expert, but even dedicated AT infantries... armed with just a sidearm?? If we're talking a near future conflict, a PDW sure won't hurt instead of a pistol.
Zepheris Casull is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:18 AM   #29
solodude23

edit
Old 03-01-2006, 02:14 PM   #30
Wraith
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepheris Casull
technically a pistol like 92SF with standard 9mm FMJ round shouldn't be able to penetrate standard body armour worn by soldiers at all. Let's say we're talking a very near future condition then the US marines should be fully equipped with interceptor armours, and MEC should have a similar body armour. Heck some of the current US soldiers have dragon skin armour and if u can't penetrate the armour with 9mm point blank i am quite certain u won't do any better at any other range.

Now i am not the best expert, but even dedicated AT infantries... armed with just a sidearm?? If we're talking a near future conflict, a PDW sure won't hurt instead of a pistol.
Rofl, MEC with armor, lol. Aren't they suposed to be insurgents?

Wraith is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
vehicle, whores