project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
29 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #1
Flanker15
Supporting Member

Default Duplicate the LAV-25's destruction sequence to other vehicles?

You might have noticed that when you knock out a LAV-25 (maybe other vehicles I don't know). It has an small explosion first then sometimes keeps rolling forward on fire and then explodes again, bigger this time and burns. Sometime it just explodes twice without moving but it's still cool. Could this be duplicated in other vehicles? Like the Scimitar that doesn't even burn when knocked out at the moment?

You can see it at about 1:15 in this movie from a recent bigD campaign match.
http://www.wegame.com/watch/BigD_PR_...l_MEC_on_Hill/

I really like it because the first blast is like the initial penetration and then it burns for a bit before the ammo or fuel blow up.

Help Project Reality in Australia, join the bigD community!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Flanker15; 07-10-2008 at 12:24 PM..
Old 07-10-2008, 02:19 PM   #2
Sadist_Cain
Supporting Member

Default Re: Duplicate the LAV-25's destruction sequence to other vehicles?

+1

also its much more fun and desperate when you're the vehicle getting hit, I love it when my apc gets disabled in combat and you need to try and escape

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sadist_Cain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:25 PM   #3
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

most vehicles already have this, its to simulate the ammo blowing up, like if the ammo compartment in a M1A2 is hit, the ammo will blow upwards out of blow hatches so the crew dont get blown up, many other tanks and vehicles have the same sort of design to help with crew survivability.

It is also on lots of vehicles in PR.

[R-DEV]Rhino is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:20 PM   #4
Craz3y|Assasin

then y not put the survive ability in PR so if your tank gets blown up you have a few seconds before it blows up the second time
Craz3y|Assasin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:38 PM   #5
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

it allready does, what you saw in this video was the APC not getting kileld by the shell but criticaly damaged to the point where it starts burning then if you dont get out in like 5 seconds it explodes
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 02:54 AM   #6
maverick551
Supporting Member

Yep, but the trouble is, I rarely see any instances in which a armored vehicle survives more than a few seconds before blowing up. I don't think I have even seen an apc do what I just saw in the video. Its just rare I guess to have the vehicle not get so damaged that it wont immediately turn into a black caucus.

Perpetual peace is a futile dream."
- General George S. Patton
maverick551 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:05 AM   #7
Flanker15
Supporting Member

But it can't be only at critical damage I've seen it happen when a LAV-25 was hit by a L-AT then a H-AT. Also it has happened to me where my LAV-25 was destroyed by a tank and I was killed instantly but I watched it roll forward for a bit then blow up again.
Edit: Yep it's defiantly not critical damage, you can run a test to see for your self. In the vid I posted when the LAV was hit it was reduced to 0 health hence there was a second explosion you can see at the back, it then continued forward with no control (since the crew was dead) and started to burn after a bit (the fire and smoke is distinctly different than that of critical damage). It then explodes again this time becoming the wreck model and finally there is another littler explosion which precedes the wreck starting to burn.
I can recreate it by myself and found that it will either follow this system or go straight to the wreck then little explosion step.

Help Project Reality in Australia, join the bigD community!

Last edited by Flanker15; 07-11-2008 at 04:39 AM..

Tags
destruction, duplicate, lav25, sequence, vehicles