project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
29 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 02:03 AM   #1
[=TC=]nuetron

Post 1 shot, slow kill

*Sidewinder/ATOLL missile post*

In real life 1 Sidewinder/ATOLL will kill any jet with a direct hit(like ingame) but I thought about it, I would LOVE for the heatseeking missiles to kill in 1 hit(my kill score would be way better) But since almost nobody else(especially transport pilots) wouldn't go for a 1 shot 1 kill idea, how about this:

1 AMRAAM shot=1 kill(as is)
but
1 heatseeking missile= ~1 kill

Instead of just 2 heatseekers making a kill, 1 heatseeker will kill a jet(slowly) if it does not recieve repairs an an alloted time. Finishing a dogfight and landing taken into account, perhaps about 3-5 minutes? Having the missile able to kill another jet or helicopter would make it a better and more realistic missile, rathar than just a missile that would make the REAL thing look a MOAB fired from a jet. While it is not overpowered, considering it wouldn't be fair to a CAS jet and especially not a Helo full of people for a jet to come out of the bue and fire a missile with little warning. This would not let the missile be too powerful, yet would make it more realistic and a bit more fun to have in an aresonal.

"There is no such thing as WAR-FAIR" -me
[=TC=]nuetron is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:13 AM   #2
Conman51

Default Re: 1 shot, slow kill

i agree

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Conman51 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:51 AM   #3
arjan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman51=US= View Post
i agree
m2

Ingame name: [TP]A.Behr
arjan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:56 PM   #4
[=TC=]nuetron

2 HS missiles is a bit too much to be the only thing bigger than a Cannon but smaller than an AMRAAM that can kill another jet. Making a HS able to kill an aircraft with 1 shot would be awesome, but nobody wants a 1 shot 1 kill. Making it slowly take away the health of the aircraft would be perfect.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:50 PM   #5
HughJass

I love this idea, should be like that for any aircraft. A lot of times I see my self just blown up, just like that in helicopters and jets. No time to bail out, or any "epic" go down.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HughJass is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:01 PM   #6
snotmaster0

Very good idea!
snotmaster0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 01:33 AM   #7
[=TC=]nuetron

Thanks guys, I had a feeling that this would be met with some resistence or people who wouldn't even consider that this is anywhere near a good idea.

Also, good point, this should eb inplimented with all HS missiles, that way it would be better to have all missiles(other than AMRAAMS and AT rocket/missiles) be able to kill any aircraft in 3-5 minutes. That way the aircraft is more likley to seek repairs rather than just: oh its okay, 1 missile wouldn't hurt me that bad. Instead 1 missile can kill you slowly...

Tags
kill, shot, slow