project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
28 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2006, 12:36 PM   #1
F.N.G.

Default Worthless chatter

I think we should get rid of all the worthless chatter that is in game. I mean, the stuff like "Ammo here!" and "OK buddy, you're good to go, get.....blah blah" All that stuff is worthless.

If you are giving someone ammo when you are in the middle of an assault, you aren't going to yell out, "AMMO HERE!!!" so the enemy can here you. If you do, you've given away your position. Every time I give ammo, I cringe because I have possibly compromised my teams position to the enemy.

If you want to yell, something like "GOGOGO!!!", thats one thing. But to be forced to yell out, everytime you do something, is rediculous. What do you guys think?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

F.N.G.
F.N.G. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 02:08 PM   #2
Cerberus

Alright, you're good to go! Now get back to the fight!

"Practice proves more than theory, in any case."
- Abraham Lincoln

"i so regret searching "giant hentai penis" on google images though ;_;"
- Garabaldi
Cerberus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 02:24 PM   #3
Campez

Send a message via MSN to Campez

Yeah i discovered awhole sqaud in mashtuur city because one guy was running around throwing medic bags, i throw up two grenades on the roof and BOOM....4 nade kills:P i like your idea, but they should not remove the "Frag Out", but ad some new commands like "INCOMMING" or "GET DOWN" i would love to yell INCOMMING!!! when there was and tank firing close at your position or if there was an artillery strike going on:P
Campez is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:04 PM   #4
Zantetsuken

ya, I was on Karkand vanilla a few days ago, and heard a guy around the corner saying he's throwin a frag nade, ran around the corner and ventilated him...

If I was in his shoes, I wouldt want to get found out cuz I was talking to myself when nobody else was around warning myself and the enemy I'm gonna throw a nade to flush him out...

I am Zantetsuken the steel bladed sword
My Slashdot sig: "I'll switch back to IE when MS makes Windows open-source"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. AMEN
-motto of the Hellsing family in the anime "Hellsing"
Zantetsuken is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:14 PM   #5
Gran

Well, medics can't throw bags anymore and if in a non-safe area, don't throw ammo, just approach friendlies like the medic does. It takes longer but is silent. If a Medic revives you, I'm fairly sure somebody knew that the downed soldier was in that position, I mean someone killed him right? So tact isn't crucial there. I hope that the ammo tossing stops like the med-bags did. It will slow down movement, stop constant grenade spamming, and force a squad to stay togther.

"Nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right people get shot" – CLINT EASTWOOD
21B Combat Engineer US ARMY
Gran is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:48 PM   #6
JS.Fortnight.A
Retired Operations Lead
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to JS.Fortnight.A Send a message via AIM to JS.Fortnight.A Send a message via MSN to JS.Fortnight.A

We're working on this one guys, hopefully look for it in the next release It will be much nicer than having text on screen trust me, the audio will still be there, but in a way that will be new to many of us!

Project Reality Operations Lead v0.2-0.3

JS.Fortnight.A is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:12 PM   #7
OAKside

Awesome, great idea that I think should be changed also.
Thanks for the update JS.Fortnight.A, can't wait. For now
I'm really enjoying .254!
OAKside is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
chatter, worthless