project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
16 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2008, 07:04 PM   #1
Colt556
Default Spotted

I searched and didn't find anything on this topic. But, could the ability for squad members to spot targets be added in? The compass system just isn't very accurate, especially without a vertical one. Quite often when I play someone will see an enemy and shout of the coordinates, but noone can find him cuz he's up high somewhere, or hiding. And also it's not helpfull when the squad is working in fire-teams, and one team wants to tell another team where the enemy is.

So my suggestion is, allow squad members to use VBF2 spotted when looking at an enemy, and an icon will show up for the rest of the squad. Not the team, just other squadies. Whether the icon is on the map, or in 3D it doesn't really matter, just something to help people point out the enemy. Since in real life we could just point and show where the enemy is, since we can't do that in PR an alternative would be nice.
Colt556 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:25 PM   #2
GR34

Default Re: Spotted

no they way it is, is perfect. think about it in real life could you say "ENENMY BOAT SPOTTED" then on the little map that follows you around there be a boat? I think Squade member should be able to spot Rally points and bunkers but other then that no

In game name Joshey

GR34 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:43 PM   #3
gazzthompson

voip

"enemy north , ontop of hill to the left of tree clump"

ect ect

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #4
Sadist_Cain
Supporting Member

you used to be able to Q spot, it sucks ass... nothing wrong with "South east RPG man high centre building" etc.

Sadist_Cain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:49 PM   #5
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

i will agree if its just for snipers or specops , to make them more as a spotter class than a superduper1337 class , and only when using the Binos , like in FH2.

and maybe for SL too , since i guess they will have radios .
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:47 PM   #6
Lynx

I have to say that colt is RIGHT since you can't just point you could use spotted

OR

to allow squad mates to give place move markers with hud so others could see where the squaddie is trying to point your attention I think it's possible to have multiple move markers right?

if that's done then add a green color to show it's made by a squadmate

finally add more number markings to the compass to make it easier
for standard spotting

As for gazthomson's comment:
I ran into a LOT of spotting issues when I was playing Op. quinling as an infantry squad. 270 behind the tree by the hill at this @ 100 meters isn't enough because your dealing with long ranges and it would be easier if i could just point him out to my squadmates the target's position

in short: I think vanilla-style spotting shouldn't be there but move markers set by grunts should be implemented for teamwork and the compass's limitations
Last edited by Lynx; 07-07-2008 at 09:57 PM..
Old 07-07-2008, 10:40 PM   #7
TheBigCheese

Maybe squad mates could place a POI (Point of Interest) marker that would disappear in a couple of seconds.

Especially on forest maps, where there aren't any landmarks.
TheBigCheese is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:00 PM   #8
Colt556

That's actually a good idea, sorta like how a SL can do the move marker or attack marker just by looking at the ground. Only the squad members could select like "Interest" and put an ! where they're looking. So the entire squad can see where their buddy is pointing to. In real life it isn't that hard to tell someone where something is, even when you aint near a guy. But in this game it is quite difficult and something to compensate for this would be much appreciated.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:55 AM   #9
Lynx

glad to see people like that idea
Lynx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:08 PM   #10
Colt556

Can we get an admin comment on the likelihood of us getting some sort of addition that allows squad members to point things out to their squadies?

Tags
spotted