project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
16 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 04:53 PM   #31
killer010devin

Default Re: Spotted

Sometimes you dont always wanna shoot..
killer010devin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:59 PM   #32
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer010devin View Post
Sometimes you dont always wanna shoot..
then u have all the time in the world. people in PR have a "glow" about them in bf2, especially on low gfx settings so i only ever have to really say enemy east ontop of hill

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:59 PM   #33
Nickbond592
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer010devin View Post
i mean IRL you really can tap you bud on the shoulder and use your finger to point at the enemy or area.
What if your mate is more than a arm length away? i'm sure then that you'd shout/speak to him yes ?

much like using voip generally speaking *ENEMY 2'O'ClOCK !!* will do the trick and is quite quick i'd imagine

Voip in BF2 is of some use here and the more we use it the more teamwork will result due to it, as you know its someone else your talking to and sharing the same experiences with, your more inclined to help him/her to accomplish a common goal resulting in a better game for all.

that and the fact that Q'spotting spam was bloody annoying aswell, killing two birds with one stone rings true here

Smeg: Fuzz commands a lot and promotes good teamwork, db flips vehicles, Bosco is an all-round nub, Outlawz is an SP whore, Nickbond is a friggin ninja and Rhino gets kicked for being a n00b.
Nickbond592 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:42 PM   #34
cyberzomby

when i started playing again I missed the Q spotting. I remember when I used to play the discussion was just taking off wether to take the minimap spots and the Q spots out of the game. I was against it. In real life soldiers have got a few days of preperation to memorise the map and area. Also they got sound and feel to make out where the enemy is. We only got visual and to a lesser extent sound.

But now that I played a few battles I dont miss it that much. Its more fun this way. Forest or jungle battles are as tough as they should be. No enemy in sight but still you gettin shot at. Someone sees them but the problem ( as in real life I imagine ) is to get your squad members to see them as well. With the spotting system it would just be a matter of spotting the enemy and the rest homing in on the target.
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
spotted