project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
01 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2008, 07:11 PM   #1
Death_dx
Default Rally Points

I hereby suggest that a delay (1-3 minutes) be added to rally point creation when it has been destroyed by an enemy.

My reasoning is that at the moment you engage an enemy squad and after several firefights someone will eventually get smart and flank the rally and knife it. However this often results in the SL simply retreating for a few seconds with 2 other squad members and replacing the rally. So all that work taking out the enemy rally was for naught. With a delay before they can respawn their rally they will be forced to either retreat or respawn at their main/funker allowing you to cap the flag you're fighting over, move on etc.
Death_dx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
[R-DEV]dbzao
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Rally Points

[R-DEV]dbzao is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:59 PM   #3
=Romagnolo=

Send a message via MSN to =Romagnolo=

oh, more rules ?

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto:"Cheers, you're the man, Okita"
[R-DEV]Rhino:"I in fact got kicked from a server for tking."
Hitperson:"well done, treasure it forever."
[R-DEV]Adriaan:"Damned classy Roma, if I may say so."
[R-DEV]Chuc:"Pro man, pro."
(yes, it was about me)
[R-MOD]BloodBane611:"Romagnolo, you definitely deserve a LOL award for that."
=Romagnolo= is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:04 PM   #4
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

"Rally is down"

"ok guys, hold ur spawns, x and y come with me, a keep them away while we set new RP"

^ teamwork resulting in recovery of squad position, in ur way you can't recover for 180 seconds which seems arbitrary to me. It doesnt encourage teamwork, and has no bearing on realism afai see.

its hard to put down a new rally if the squad is being heavily engaged by a on the ball squad, so the current system is great.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:17 PM   #5
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot

^agree

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:34 PM   #6
Death_dx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
"Rally is down"

"ok guys, hold ur spawns, x and y come with me, a keep them away while we set new RP"

^ teamwork resulting in recovery of squad position, in ur way you can't recover for 180 seconds which seems arbitrary to me. It doesnt encourage teamwork, and has no bearing on realism afai see.

its hard to put down a new rally if the squad is being heavily engaged by a on the ball squad, so the current system is great.
While you do make a good point, being able to get reinforcements nearly immediately after having your position flanked and presumably most of your squad eliminated isn't realistic either. If one squad takes out a rally often the enemy squad realizes it immediately because the guys spawning in at it tell everyone over voip. Having the enemy squad sprint off for 10 seconds, set a new rally and instantly have another 3 men to fight with isn't a good system in my book. The delay allows the squad that wiped out the rally to search for the survivors, and/or cap the flag.
Death_dx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:32 PM   #7
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_dx View Post
While you do make a good point, being able to get reinforcements nearly immediately after having your position flanked and presumably most of your squad eliminated isn't realistic either. If one squad takes out a rally often the enemy squad realizes it immediately because the guys spawning in at it tell everyone over voip. Having the enemy squad sprint off for 10 seconds, set a new rally and instantly have another 3 men to fight with isn't a good system in my book. The delay allows the squad that wiped out the rally to search for the survivors, and/or cap the flag.
then kill the SL first , solved .
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:36 PM   #8
SGT.JOKER

Send a message via AIM to SGT.JOKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]dbzao View Post
Im honestly scared of this wink....
it alredy is some what difficult to set down RP's if you squads not very good at listening...

SGT.JOKER>FTW<(Fight To Win) In Game
Just getting back in the game

Riflemen, SAW Gunner, Grenaider.

SGT.JOKER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:24 AM   #9
M.Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT.JOKER View Post
Im honestly scared of this wink....
it alredy is some what difficult to set down RP's if you squads not very good at listening...
May Project Reality's aspect of Darwinism prevail. We have more people playing Project Reality now than probably ever before, it's a shame that most of them aren't the ones we need the most.

An increase in difficulty would be valued. Hopefully this'll discourage those aimless wanderers, but welcome those who wish to participate in a squad with tactics, teamwork and a will to participate. It would be great to raise the standards to fit a particular style of player than lower it and cater to the masses.

It's safe to say all mods and games ever developed with the aspect of realism in mind has almost always found a small player base. But as we all know, companies want money from thier product and do everything they must to rake in that cash from the majority. It's better far better to leave it small and healthy.

Personally I wish that if players are inviting thier Vanilla buddies to come to Project Reality... Spend some extra time to actually evaluate if they're worth while, rather than dragging yet another vehicle TK'ing noob tuber from BF2.

Take note though, this comment was not directed at SGT.JOKER in particular but on the basis of the situation described.

Take the Blue Pill or take the Red Pill?

M.Warren is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:45 AM   #10
Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_dx View Post
I hereby suggest that a delay (1-3 minutes) be added to rally point creation when it has been destroyed by an enemy.

My reasoning is that at the moment you engage an enemy squad and after several firefights someone will eventually get smart and flank the rally and knife it. However this often results in the SL simply retreating for a few seconds with 2 other squad members and replacing the rally. So all that work taking out the enemy rally was for naught. With a delay before they can respawn their rally they will be forced to either retreat or respawn at their main/funker allowing you to cap the flag you're fighting over, move on etc.
If they pull that off, they deserve a new RP. The system is perfect the way it is IMO.

@warren: The learning curve is long and steep enough. I teach new players every time I go SL....
Increase in learning curve means less ppl play the game, wich leads to us making appointments to get a decent game, wich leads to me not playing the game at all.

The basic gameplay idea is a success. (big maps where teamwork can create spawn points) I dont see any major changes coming up to RP / Squad system. (that would be a mistake IMO) Go play Arma if you want more realism, vBF2 if you want less.
Last edited by Drake; 07-05-2008 at 12:58 AM..

Tags
points, rally