project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2008, 05:33 PM   #1
williejones
Default Armor Vs heli damage change

my suggestion is to decrease the damage done to a MBT if a Heli "colides" with it,

the heli could do 80% damage to the MBT and disable the turret but alow the tank to move for repairs,

this is to discurage ramming with helis as this is nether realistic or in the spirit of why people play PR,

IRL (as far as i know) a non exsplosive carrying transport choper crashing into a MBT would not distroy it (at least the crew would live, even if the tank is immobile), fire may happen due to fule but MBTs are made to withstand blazes etr

the only faction in PR that would even remotly concider crashing a Heli into a Tank is possibly the insergants

=|MM|= SnyPaly*Gunner you know who you are

flame me away
williejones is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:36 PM   #2
3===SPECTER===3

Default Re: Armor Vs heli damage change

I think the Heli respawn time would stop sumthing like this.
3===SPECTER===3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:40 PM   #3
williejones

5min for a transport with normaly 3 /4 huey like chopers on a map
10 min for a MBT, and normaly 2 people in a tank so two kills,

increasing the chooper spawn would also work, but then their is a balance issue
Old 07-04-2008, 05:54 PM   #4
gclark03

Increasing the chopper spawn time would only help the griefers and piss off the pilots.

The only solution is somehow giving a massive amount of negative points to anyone who rams into an enemy vehicle.
gclark03 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:06 PM   #5
williejones

rather then point, i think that making it more of a dissadvantage to the player who crashes,

not fully distroying the the tank is one way to do this, that way they have died and lost a chopper for not a lot of gain
Old 07-04-2008, 07:22 PM   #6
Mora

Just shoot the chopper first.. and as far as i know there cant be made any changes to damage that a object does when it pushes something away.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Mora is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:36 AM   #7
Flanker15
Supporting Member

Hmmmm I'll check Rambo 3....
Yep tank wins.

Help Project Reality in Australia, join the bigD community!

Flanker15 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:48 AM   #8
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

afaik there is no real easy way to fix this without screwing up loads of other stuff or loads of rework of the materials so all in all, not really worth the change. Aint as simple as editing one line of code

And tbh, I hardly ever see choppers ramming tanks, I can't even remember the last time I saw one ram a tank?

[R-DEV]Rhino is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:05 AM   #9
Colt556

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
afaik there is no real easy way to fix this without screwing up loads of other stuff or loads of rework of the materials so all in all, not really worth the change. Aint as simple as editing one line of code

And tbh, I hardly ever see choppers ramming tanks, I can't even remember the last time I saw one ram a tank?
On a map me n my friends played, we all took every heli we could and rammed it into the tanks. Then again, the enemy had taken every single base cept main, so we were kinda desperate. I guess that's kinda realistic....
Colt556 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
armor, change, damage, heli