project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
30 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 09:03 AM   #31
ma21212
Supporting Member

Default Re: Tank Machine Gunner - Binoculars?

not really needed.... I mean I always use the MG on top to take care of Helis that are flying high (almost never on inf.) and a scope wont really help with helis.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:22 AM   #32
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to lucky.BOY Send a message via Skype™ to lucky.BOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma21212 View Post
not really needed.... I mean I always use the MG on top to take care of Helis that are flying high (almost never on inf.) and a scope wont really help with helis.
Try to imagine this: you want to shut the engine off, so you press F3, and OH! you can also spot targets, because you have a binocs on tank commanders position!
The 3rd place in tank is there to be the third eye, not only to provide something like AA..

Old 09-08-2010, 09:38 AM   #33
Predator.v2

My main reason to let someone man the 0.50 cal on tanks is an additional pair of eyes to spot bombcars/trucks sneaking on me.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:57 AM   #34
Mj Pain
Supporting Member

Why binos?
Just add zoom to the 50cal (like deployable HMG)

"Playing PR - Better drink my own piss." Ploddit
Old 09-08-2010, 11:12 AM   #35
ma21212
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky.BOY View Post
Try to imagine this: you want to shut the engine off, so you press F3, and OH! you can also spot targets, because you have a binocs on tank commanders position!
The 3rd place in tank is there to be the third eye, not only to provide something like AA..
I understand but....well from the hours and hours of tanking Ive done it comes down to this.
1) when using the F3 seat the driver is very vulnerable. anyman with an AK can take him out. giving the seat a zoom would capability would make the driver more prone to jump into the F3 seat for a few kills.
2) zoom dosent really help. I mean with a good eye you can spot a tank w/o zoom. (zoom imo wont help at all, it gives you a smaller point of view which makes it harder to spot)

Old 09-08-2010, 12:09 PM   #36
myles

I aggre with this as the gunner can be seen as the commander spot of the tank

Check out my Project Reaity gamplay here

Old 09-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #37
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley
PR:BF2 Developer

As stated, several times, this is a resuggestion.

Locked.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Closed Thread

Tags
binoculars, gunner, machine, tank