project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2006, 12:41 AM   #1
lonelyjew

Default Special ops team

Everyone wants the special ops kit to go, and for good reason. First off, this unamed special forces person is armed with a carbine in wide open maps, is always armed with remote high explosives, no armor, and at the moment a parachute. The class is pretty crazy, and as far as military goes, not a realistic soldier.

Rather than a special ops class, why not make a teams equivalent to the USMC or PLA that would be labled Army rangers, SEALS, SAS, Spetsnaz, etc. That way you could have special forces who can occupy realistic roles.

In maps it would probably one side of elites against a normal army in a scenario like sabotage or infiltration. I'd also imagine that the infantry themselves would have excellent gear, but I doubt they would have too much in the name of armor. A pilot class could also be put in for close air support from atack choppers and transport choppers.

If you guys have any ideas, feel free to post em.
lonelyjew is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:05 AM   #2
dawdler

Oh oh, I want swedish mountain rangers!

White camoflage and skis work in the desert, right?
dawdler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 03:43 AM   #3
Zantetsuken

I think the engineers should have the explosives, just not so many, and take away like half the mines eng carry - then people would actually play engineer for the explosives and hopefully repair stuff also (hardly anybody ever does)

I think that would be much more realistic since IRL engineers are the ones that disarm and set explosives (AFAIK)

I am Zantetsuken the steel bladed sword
My Slashdot sig: "I'll switch back to IE when MS makes Windows open-source"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. AMEN
-motto of the Hellsing family in the anime "Hellsing"
Zantetsuken is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:25 AM   #4
JellyBelly

A SEAL class with the choice of either an MP5a4 and maybe 4 C4, or an M4/M203 sounds fair.

Thats if the Unlock system is implemented to give each class a range of loadouts.

[RGG] - Pte.Phillips -
- Arma ftw
Really Gay Guy

America was a tad late into the First World War. They redeemed themself's and came in slightly sooner in the Second. Now they seem determined to start the Third.
JellyBelly is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:22 AM   #5
Campez

Send a message via MSN to Campez

Does those elite soldiers from black hawk down still excist? what are they calld...oh year delta force?? cuz most times the SEAL attack from the water right?? it would just be more realistic.
Campez is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:43 AM   #6
JellyBelly

Delta exist yeah. SEALs would be more realistic becasue they force represented in BF2 is the Marines. SEALs are more realistic becasue theyre part of the Navy, as are the Marines. And SEALs dont just attack from the water. Theyre a multi purpose force who can be inserted any number of way's.

[RGG] - Pte.Phillips -
- Arma ftw
Really Gay Guy

America was a tad late into the First World War. They redeemed themself's and came in slightly sooner in the Second. Now they seem determined to start the Third.
JellyBelly is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:45 AM   #7
Campez

Okay i dittent know and know that i think it over it says it self:P
Old 02-23-2006, 06:49 AM   #8
dawdler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Camper^DK
Does those elite soldiers from black hawk down still excist? what are they calld...oh year delta force?? cuz most times the SEAL attack from the water right?? it would just be more realistic.
Not realistic to send into combat situations.

Everybody knows that Delta Force are busy protecting American/Alien interests and recovering saucers and/or aliens from abroad.
dawdler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 07:05 AM   #9
Campez

Okay?? lol
Old 02-23-2006, 09:13 AM   #10
Wraith
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawdler
Not realistic to send into combat situations.

Everybody knows that Delta Force are busy protecting American/Alien interests and recovering saucers and/or aliens from abroad.
I thought I said DON'T TELL, roflmao.

Wraith is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
ops, special, team