Project Reality Forums

Project Reality Forums (http://www.realitymod.com/forum/)
-   PR:BF2 Suggestions (http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-pr-bf2-suggestions)
-   -   Improve the AT-4 (http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-pr-bf2-suggestions/39940-improve-4-a.html)

Ryan3215 05-27-2008 01:26 AM

Improve the AT-4

In the video below you will see a few key differences between an actual AT-4 and the AT-4 in PR. Currently in-game the AT-4 has a very distinct smoke trail, and moves rather "sluggishly". However, in reality the AT-4 has minimal to no smoke trail. Also, the rocket is very fast; thus has less arc. And at this range they are firing at tank (heavily armored targets) I am not sure if my assumption is correct but, from what I've seen the AT-4 looks as though it packs more of a punch than the weak little rocket in PR.
AT-4 Range video
This thread is just to inform the PR player that the AT-4 isnt as weak or useless as you might thing, and mabey the DEVs should put this higher on their priority list. -Ryan

Rudd 05-27-2008 01:35 AM

Re: Improve the AT-4

from that video, it does look like the AT4 ingame needs to be sped up a little

I think som1 was doing the same smoke trail removal and effect augmentation for the RPG.

But I don't know about punch, the video was inconclusive on that<- since the heavily armoured targets were burnt out old tanks and we didn't get too see the damage close up

Ryan3215 05-27-2008 01:43 AM

true, about the strenght of the rocket. we cannot confirm it, but from the size of the smoke/dust plume after the explosion; we can say that it has a good sized warhead on it.

ConscriptVirus 05-27-2008 02:32 AM

wow that rocket was fast! looks almost as fast as a normal bullet.

nedlands1 05-27-2008 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConscriptVirus (Post 684424)
wow that rocket was fast! looks almost as fast as a normal bullet.

Approaching pistol round velocities.

Teek 05-27-2008 03:28 AM

AT-4 Is a technically a Recoilless-Rifle because is propelled by an explosion rather than a prolonged rocket burn.

Mastatschief 05-27-2008 06:51 AM

i like the sounds in this vid :shock:

Serbiak 05-27-2008 07:34 AM

impressive

You could be much more sneaky without the smoketrail.

M.Warren 05-27-2008 09:02 AM

Shocking how the AT-4 at the range is significantly different than that in which is presented in game. Especially as a majority of our sources come from cruising the internet in an attempt to find real clips and data.

I'll be rather disappointed if that is truely the real deal firing and not some low-cost training round for the sake of practice. Because if that is the case, we've been dealing with a false representation of one of our in game kits.

Currently as we all know the Light Anti-Tank kits in game show a significantly noticeable launch trail. If what was posed in that video and the countless others on YouTube of AT-4's firing, it's safe to say someone isn't doing thier homework. I wonder if certain things in game are simply done for the "Ooh's and Ahh's" aspect sometimes.

STORM-Mama 05-27-2008 09:21 AM

Get rid of the smoke trail, make it move faster and add a huge back blast.

I think someone did something similar with the RPG-7 (check the Community mod section).