project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2008, 02:16 PM   #21
Ghost1800

Default Re: Improve the AT-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan3215 View Post
edit: In this video as well, you can see the lack of smoke trail and jsut how fast this rocket is. This is a live round as it is being used in counter sniper operation, and from the looks of it, he wont be sniping for much longer
Can't really see much due to quality, but that just looks like a lot of dust it kicked up.
Ghost1800 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:45 PM   #22
hyraclyon

Quote:
Well if the other guy wasn´t doing it anymore, I am going to remove most of the trails, or at least make them alot thinner.
Alex m8, if you can't contact specter for any reason, i suggest you try to make the effect a bit like this:

YouTube - PR RPG Test 1

(Maybe try to make the smoke from the backblast a bit less, not too much though, a rpg kicks up a lot of smoke irl)
hyraclyon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:30 PM   #23
Wolfe

Quote:
Well, it shouldnt be too hard to improve. All you have to change is:
Great, then we'll expect your completed work on our desk by friday?
Wolfe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:06 PM   #24
Ryan3215

LOL, Im not expecting this to be changed soon, just something for the DEVs or CONs to look into. If I could mod I would have done it by now.
Ryan3215 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:18 PM   #25
Alex6714

Quote:
Well, it shouldnt be too hard to improve. All you have to change is:
- Decrease/Get rid of the smoke trail
- Increase rocket speed, thus decreasign the ammount of arc
- Add backblast effects
- Add large smoke/dust cloud upon impact (and mabey more damage as well)
Well smoke trail is easy to get rid of. I have just done that, increasing rocket speed, well I will have a look but I expect this to a a few lines in the tweak file, as for the arc the same I guess but more complicated.

And adding a large cloud on impact is not difficult, just a little bit time consuming.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:43 PM   #26
Ryan3215

If I am not mistakes, the arc will be decreased if you speed up the projectile. I think there is some kind of physics involved, but im no expert on the BF2 engine.
Ryan3215 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:54 PM   #27
[R-DEV]Ninja2dan
PR:BF2 Developer

During training exercises with the M136, we used a sub-caliber kit which allows a modifed tube to fire single-shot 9mm rounds. The 9mm rounds used are tracers, and have been altered to have similar ballistics to that of the live rocket. This allows soldiers to practice use of the sights as well as becoming familiar with the basic operation of the launcher. Not only is this method safer for training, but also a lot more cost-effective.

The reason I mention this is because some here are asking about the trajectory or arc of the rocket itself. The 9mm sub-cal rounds should give you an idea of how far it fires or what kind of trajectory it has. It's not a laser, and the arc drops off pretty quickly at range. I'm having trouble finding which of my old manuals showed a diagram of the actual M136 trajectory, but I know one exists. If anyone has a US Army FM 23-25 laying around, might want to look there since I can't seem to locate mine.
[R-DEV]Ninja2dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:09 PM   #28
b_black69

IF the smoke trails were removed, then the backblast would have to be added (which I fear many players would hate). From the AT4's that I've watched fired IRL the backblast explosion and dust cloud is much larger than the actual impact of the warhead, and is very easy to see for anyone nearby.

Someone firing a L-AT should have their position given away immediately, which is why I'm guessing the smoke trail has been added in game. And about the damage the warhead does, I think it is represented about right in game, the AT4 is a weak weapon. (I hope it doesn't show that I am not a fan of the weapon system IRL )
b_black69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:14 PM   #29
agentscar

Send a message via Yahoo to agentscar Send a message via Skype™ to agentscar

I see nothing wrong with the way the AT-4 is currently..I love that thing...

*Beast Mode* lol.

agentscar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:19 PM   #30
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot

if you go onto the level before the nuke explodes on COD4, and get the give all weapons cheat on, you get a AT4 which looks SEXY!

Scot is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
at4, improve