project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2008, 09:24 AM   #11
[R-MOD]Spec
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Default Re: Improve the AT-4

Quote:
I wonder if certain things in game are simply done for the "Ooh's and Ahh's" aspect sometimes.
That's vanilla. If there is no trail in real life, then they added it because they didnt know it or for balance, but for sure not for ooh's and aah's.
[R-MOD]Spec is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:56 AM   #12
AnRK
Supporting Member

PR has plenty of military advisers that the team go to to verify most, if not probably al, of their sources. Someone with some experience or knowledge would probably be able to tell something like that.
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:26 AM   #13
hyraclyon

I know that specter made a new rpg effect. He said he also did the same to the AT-4, but after a while he stopped updating his topic and it died. I don't know if he went on with it and presented it to the devs or not.
hyraclyon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:38 AM   #14
M.Warren

It's probably not best for me to nitpick as I do. I'm just highly appreciative of attention to detail and particular refinement of Project Reality overall. I just have high expectations from the developers and community here.

But truely if Project Reality doesn't represent teamwork and exceptionally high standards I assure you there are no other mods out there that will. The people present here on these forums and those that have contributed to the mod have a uniform appreciation of Project Reality's unique and generally demanding gameplay dynamics.

I simply wish to urge those that do have the authority and capability to alter the game and point it in the right direction. There are numerous issues that need attention, both obvious and subtle but significant in it's own way. And in all honesty I truely hope that v0.8 turns alot of things around and/or brings back some of those highly unique gameplay dynamics that have disappeared over time. Chances are if this does not occur by v0.8 we'll be waiting yet another 4 months to see that patch fixed and so on and so forth.

Oh well, I'd rather not make a doomsayer out of myself and bring forth the black clouds. There are a handful of new administration here and new developement leads that have determination and vigor to pull this mod forward.

But as we were saying about AT-4's... Let's get back on topic.
M.Warren is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:43 AM   #15
jOHNNYdOUBE
Supporting Member

That AT-4 is VERY fast.
If it WAS that fast,
then I could hit my targets.

jOHNNYdOUBE is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:53 AM   #16
General Dragosh

Send a message via MSN to General Dragosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORM-Mama View Post
Get rid of the smoke trail, make it move faster and add a huge back blast.

I think someone did something similar with the RPG-7 (check the Community mod section).
Now imagine this, a insurgent with an rpg7 aiming at a enemy vehicle, then a brit or american shows up behind him - he pulls out his knife and then fzzzzzzz, he got killed by backblast (the reason he didnt read the changelog for 0.8 )

Newly ordered sig !
General Dragosh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:09 PM   #17
Alex6714

Well if the other guy wasn´t doing it anymore, I am going to remove most of the trails, or at least make them alot thinner.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:14 PM   #18
Cyrax-Sektor

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Dragosh View Post
Now imagine this, a insurgent with an rpg7 aiming at a enemy vehicle, then a brit or american shows up behind him - he pulls out his knife and then fzzzzzzz, he got killed by backblast (the reason he didnt read the changelog for 0.8 )
Instead of blowing both of them up, the Insurgent just turns his back and kills using the backblast. That should be funny to watch.

Cyrax-Sektor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:24 PM   #19
Ryan3215

Well, it shouldnt be too hard to improve. All you have to change is:
- Decrease/Get rid of the smoke trail
- Increase rocket speed, thus decreasign the ammount of arc
- Add backblast effects
- Add large smoke/dust cloud upon impact (and mabey more damage as well)

edit: In this video as well, you can see the lack of smoke trail and jsut how fast this rocket is. This is a live round as it is being used in counter sniper operation, and from the looks of it, he wont be sniping for much longer
Ryan3215 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:46 PM   #20
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex6714 View Post
Well if the other guy wasn´t doing it anymore, I am going to remove most of the trails, or at least make them alot thinner.
Just PM him
Waaah_Wah is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
at4, improve