project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
01 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2008, 11:54 AM   #11
Ironcomatose

I think the kind of person who plays for points will sure as hell not get the points by lasing or fixing.

I am the kind of person who likes to fix things and sure as hell dont do them for points.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]DuneHunter - No offense to any female gamers, but never, ever underestimate the amount of havoc a woman can unleash upon innocent unsuspecting electronics.
Ironcomatose is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:21 PM   #12
jOHNNYdOUBE
Supporting Member

Me neither.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jOHNNYdOUBE is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:47 PM   #13
Sirsolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jOHNNYdOUBE View Post
Me neither.
You two should make a club. =)

And for the "Didn't know how to" Comment, they STILL didn't lase anything after I explained it.. =_=
Sirsolo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:41 PM   #14
Howitzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirsolo View Post
Im the one in the jet who can't do his job to the fullest because nothing gets Lased =)
blame your team !!
Howitzer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:53 PM   #15
MarineSeaknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1800 View Post
what server do you normally play on? If there are pilots up who know how to use laser guided ordinance I can mark targets and guide them in.
Though I'd have to say that points are probably the last thing I'd worry about in PR, it actually might encourage those that do play for points to break out the G.L.T.D and start shooting some lasers.

Ghost is my beloved A-10 Spotter, you'd be busting tanks with AGM-65s in no time if you had him in your squad.

PR Testing Team: Serious Business

Waiting for Reapar to become a DEV before I can quote him.
MarineSeaknight is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:41 AM   #16
Cyrax-Sektor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcomatose View Post
I think the kind of person who plays for points will sure as hell not get the points by lasing or fixing.

I am the kind of person who likes to fix things and sure as hell don't do them for points.
Good point. The commander role can rake in the points if played properly, but most avoid the tedious task.

Imagine in vBF2, players do not receive points for reviving or healing allies. You'll be seeing the respawn screen all the time as they jump past with G36Es a blazing. So points will make people do it, as the medic class is the most played kit in vBF2.

|

Yay PR!
Cyrax-Sektor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:43 AM   #17
Sirsolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howitzer View Post
blame your team !!
I do. =)

Oh, and Btw, HI MARINESEAKNIGHT! =D
Stealing the A-10 then pwnzing with it.. =(
Sirsolo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:16 AM   #18
@bsurd

i think the problem arent the points.

The most guys dont even know how to laser a target right...And guys who know it did it normaly. Because close air support is a very nice thing...
@bsurd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:26 AM   #19
Mora

Isn't there a PR tip on the loading screen about this? If not there should be!

-

|
Mora is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:09 AM   #20
Ghost1800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrax-Sektor View Post
But if you get points for something, people will want to do it. They want recognition for doing a job. Engineers don't waste 5 minutes repairing a bridge if they don't get points for all that work.
If that's true then why did I waste 6 minutes (I actually had a stop watch handy) repairing a bridge to the island on Al Basrah?

So my team could send a Warrior and 2 Scimitars over to blow the **** out of everything while I snuck in and found the cache. Worked pretty well too.
Last edited by Ghost1800; 05-05-2008 at 01:36 PM..

Tags
laseing, points, team