project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2008, 01:24 PM   #1
~XHW~Flamestorm

Send a message via ICQ to ~XHW~Flamestorm
Default care more about your life

i know good players dont look at their stats but there a lot of gamers which look at their stats and do all for it to have good stats. they build jhad cars with c4 . so much dont care about their life doing things which no real soldier would do only for points.
easy solution if you are going eliminated you loos all points, you see you teamplay points and your kills and death but the total sum is Zero, nothing.
it think a lot people will take more care about their life.
and it doesnt remove the best pilot...

what you think...

i am so sad of this guys that doesnt care about if they die or not
there must be a way who to stop the oneman squads and no voip users that play alone and driving c4cars and run into mainbase or uncap points

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~XHW~Flamestorm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:36 PM   #2
Fearosius

Send a message via MSN to Fearosius

I say raise the spawn timer to a minute, and if you crash or get destroyed in any vehicle asset, you incur a 3 minute respawn including the one minute, plus each second for the number of deaths

"Nothing is more confused than to be ordered into a war to die or to be maimed for life without the faintest idea of what's going on." - Hanoi Hannah
Fearosius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:20 PM   #3
zangoo

everyone says a increased spawn time wont make people care about their life more, but i know that most people would try a little bit harder to avoid a 4min spawn time then the small one we have now. plus this is project reality a 4min spawn time is nothing compared to what it would be in real life...
zangoo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:51 PM   #4
Jonny

Spawn times are not the issue, even if you increased it so much that its worth disconnecting an loading the map again people will STILL do unrealistic things.

If a few spawn points were removed, ie bunker and rally points only for ammo and weapon switching, then ou would NOT want to have to walk all the way from the main/FB to the fight.

I do agree with the point removal thing though, it really would be anoying to die and loose all your points.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:07 PM   #5
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Rally point removal is harsh, but so is real life combat. On maps like Mestia it would be hard to get used to, since transport is really hard there.

But on kashan or jabal, or other large maps with plenty of transport avaliable at the start it would be really fun! (but say for jabal, I imagine a slower ticket bleed would be good in this case)

Its funny when you get a reasonably inexperienced squad and you say "ok guys, pull back to this building (places marker) saw gunner, lay down cover fire" They just stop moving like their brains can't handle this concept of trying to stay alive instead of doin a rambo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is online now Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:25 PM   #6
AirCasper

I joined just to reply to this topic.

Jihad cars and "Big Red" were put into the game to do 1 thing, blow up in a suicidal firey mess.

I was a little taken back by this thread;

it happens; I can pull up news articles of it happening since 2003 if you would like proof that it's real. (I'm sure you even seen it on TV)

Now back to Project Reality

I don't think it's unfar or unrealistic at all; The brits have HEAVY tanks... and just like in real life, insurgents have IEDs, RPGs, and Suicide Bombings to defend against these attacks.

as for "They shouldn't storm the main base, or VCP"

You honestly think unknown cars have never moved at high speeds towards a camp before?
^^;; they just eliminated before they get too close...

so whats the excuse in PR?

You have Hard Skin vehicles with powerful weaponry, and ground forces that can be just as powerful, why can't you simply take them out?

Maybe play the game realistically and if someone spots a suicide car headed north; report to your SQD leader> to report to the commander> to report to the other sqds that there is a threat moving north and to be on defense.

The insurgents have to defend spawns and caches; theres no reason you shouldn't still defend your assets (as britts).

Bottom line, Suicide bombing the main base is very realistic; the only non realistic part is the Britts can't eliminate the threat in time; which comes off as poor teammanship rather than not enough fire power.

plus, it's a bit fun on the insurgents side to start a map off by taking out the Britts assets to hold them back a bit (so the other insurgents can build a stronger defense)

that is until the bridges are blown
Last edited by AirCasper; 04-25-2008 at 11:15 PM..
Old 04-20-2008, 04:27 PM   #7
AirCasper

also, my post only goes towards Insurgent maps

I think its unrealistic for the Chinese, Russian, or Mec to do that (although them Russians are pretty crazy )
AirCasper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:35 PM   #8
[T]Terranova7

I think the original proposal is interesting. Thing is though, a lot of points simply come from doing teamwork oriented activities, and so I believe dying would reflect on one's combat score (Which I think it already does). Though, since dieing removes a ticket from your team, then perhaps players should be penalized (teamwork wise) for accumulating deaths. Though I don't think a single death should bring their points down to zero. Rather it should deduct a certain amount of points (Maybe 100 for every death would be good?).

I don't know about the spawn time though. A lot of people (especially newbies) find the current spawn time long for some reason, imagine the outcry if players were waiting up to a minute or more. At best, maybe an increase in the seconds added for each death (2 or 3 would be fine). Though, I think something should be done to counter-act this. A low death rate or accumulation of teamwork points would see seconds deducted from their spawn time.

Personally though I think what we should focus on is not so much as penalizing players for dieing, but also rewarding players who stay alive and take the time to value their lives.

Perhaps based on a "Rate of Death" system, we could reward players who keep their death rate under a certain number. For example, players with a high death rate lose access to certain limited kits. Pilot, Crewman, Sniper, Spec Ops, Anti-Tank, Anti-Air would be on my list; squad level kits should generally remain unaffected.

Another idea is for player's with a high death rate to lose the ability to spawn on rally points (They may still spawn on bunkers/firebases and the main base). Meaning for squad's that stay alive, retreat when they need to etc. they would still be capable of making full use of their rally, while one that is reckless will find themselves spawning further back each time (Might also tone down on the overall zerg rush).

Perhaps in terms of points, a bonus amount can be added to your score based on how many deaths you have. 0 Deaths and you'll be given an extra 1000, 1 Death 500, 2 deaths 250 and 3 deaths 175. Note these points would only be added if the player has been playing for at least 30 minutes (An idea might be to multiply those numbers for being in a game even longer than that). So if the player has been playing for 1 hour without 0 deaths, they receive an additional 2000 points opposed to the 1000 for every 30 minutes. Also note that these points are added at the end of the round.

NVM

Member of
|

Last edited by [T]Terranova7; 04-20-2008 at 04:44 PM..
Old 04-20-2008, 05:23 PM   #9
Fonveh

Quote:
Originally Posted by zangoo View Post
everyone says a increased spawn time wont make people care about their life more, but i know that most people would try a little bit harder to avoid a 4min spawn time then the small one we have now. plus this is project reality a 4min spawn time is nothing compared to what it would be in real life...
4 minutes?! I doubt many people would play this mod if the penalties were that high.
Fonveh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:41 PM   #10
Gamerofthegame

Don't mess with stuff like that. Or limit kits.

Think of it this way; Lets say someone is camping a spawn or something like that. Or, in general you die right after you spawn.

If you get good sized penalties for that, people would be really pissed off.

Gamerofthegame is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
care, life