project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
foxxravin

Send a message via MSN to foxxravin
Default weapons with infrared laser thingy

i just watched

YouTube - Night Attack on Al Qaeda

and would it be possible to add laser thingy on the weapons on night maps? :P it looks really cool

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:17 PM   #2
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Has been suggested before, and the answer, as far as I remember, is No.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:27 PM   #3
zangoo

i remember talking to satnav and he said it was possible to have a laser. to have the laser line you would need a effect, for the bright light where it hits you would need to shoot a projectile and add a end effect that looked like that. i am like 99% sure this is possible.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:33 PM   #4
gclark03

Could you please make us 100% sure and post a video of it? I'd love to see it, as long as it doesn't attract too many Call of Duty 4 fanboys.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:42 PM   #5
ReaperMAC

Send a message via AIM to ReaperMAC Send a message via Skype™ to ReaperMAC

Sweet! Now our M16A4's will look even more Tacticool!

[R-DEV]dbzao: My head Rhino.... (long pause) My beautiful head
[R-DEV]Rhino - If you want to spam do it in the tester area please.
Control the Media, Control the Mind.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:53 AM   #6
DannyIMK

weapon wtih laser sounds good.. but i think only Spec Ops Should Have Laser..
Old 04-11-2008, 02:59 AM   #7
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zangoo View Post
i remember talking to satnav and he said it was possible to have a laser. to have the laser line you would need a effect, for the bright light where it hits you would need to shoot a projectile and add a end effect that looked like that. i am like 99% sure this is possible.
the beam would not behave like it would in r/l. I dont know of any way to stop a effect hitting a object and not passing though it, so your beam of light if pointed at a player or a building, would not have a dot on it, it would go right though it etc which is very unrealistic and would look real dodgey espically if you where on the other side of a building and seeing a beam shining though the wall...

you can have a go but even if you get something nice i doubt we could use it.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:00 AM   #8
master of the templars

well it would be only useful in night maps, which currently we have none. it should be given to which ever kit uses it in real life.

Make nukes, Not war

chuckMFd on 0.9- Can we trade back Assault on Mestia for Qinling?
[R-DEV]masaq - It's rather difficult to "apprehend" a Tu-95... you try persuading a 200-ton aircraft to land somewhere it doesn't want to, when it has enough fuel to get home and it knows you can't/won't shoot it down
Old 04-11-2008, 05:30 AM   #9
Mora

Didn't Battleracer had headlights on the buggy's? maybe we can get something like that to work on guns as well. Or does that shine trough the buildings too?

-

|
Last edited by Mora; 04-11-2008 at 10:24 AM..
Old 04-11-2008, 05:41 AM   #10
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

The M16A4 model would have to be edited etc. so it's unlikely to get into PR anyway

Closed Thread

Tags
infrared, laser, thingy, weapons