project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
27 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2006, 05:23 PM   #1
GeZe
PR Artwork Team

Lightbulb Tactical Reloading

Hi,
I had an idea which would increase the realism, tactics and teamwork.

Tactical reloading basically means that instead of throwing your clip on the ground when you reload you slip the clip in your pocket for later use. It takes more time to reload, but you can conserve your amunition.

Implementation Idea:
Keep the current reload as it is, using the "R" key. To make use of the tactical reload you would press "R" and another key, I recommend "Shift" as it is easy yo hit while pressing "R". The tactical reload would take maybe 1.5 or 2 times longer then the normal reload, but instead of disposing of the clip, it would be put back with the ammunition.

Also, with tactical reloading, it would be okay to limit the amount of clips to 2-3. People would have to constantly keep in mind how much amunition they have and would go back and forth between clips, also they would need better teamwork to be able to reload regularly from support players.

Example:
Lt. Johnson just finished off two guys with his AK-101, using 19 of the 30 bullets, so he has 11 left. As he only has one more clip of amunition he wants to preserve his bullets, but he needs to engage a group of hostiles ahead and can't kill them all with only 11 bullets. Thus, he finds cover and presses "Shift" + "R". He takes out the current clip, with 11 bullets, and puts it in his pocket, putting his last full clip in his AK-101. He engages the enemies and kills them, but he used up his whole clip. So he reloads, taking his clip from before, so he now has 11 bullets.
Last edited by GeZe; 02-09-2006 at 05:49 PM..
Old 02-09-2006, 05:32 PM   #2
Noetheinner

Ding! Not a bad idea. I've seen it done where you still use the unexpended clip, but not combining them.

The Huey guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Noetheinner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 05:35 PM   #3
Zepheris Casull

sounds fine with me, uhmm... but u might wanna consider about having a mere 2 mags on a front line soldier, i've never heard of such small ammo count in a modern war time.
Zepheris Casull is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 05:57 PM   #4
Heydude235

Ding sounds point less to me my shift key is for jumping.
Heydude235 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:00 PM   #5
Figisaacnewton

cool idea, but probably impossible or very very very hard to implement.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Figisaacnewton is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:00 PM   #6
mav3r1c

Send a message via AIM to mav3r1c

It sounds great to me dude. Thats a good idea. It would be cool if you could like take 10-20 seconds to put new bullets in your mag. I know this probably will never happen though.
mav3r1c is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:21 PM   #7
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heydude235
Ding sounds point less to me my shift key is for jumping.
Then you can (if this turns out being possible) bind another key to do it. Just because his idea would clash with your set keys doesn't make the whole concept pointless.

BrokenArrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:51 PM   #8
SiN|ScarFace

More of an idea when you are out of ideas, which isnt the case at this point. That is if you understand what I just said.

SiN|ScarFace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:24 AM   #9
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

this topic has come from my aluto reload topic

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:39 AM   #10
DangChang

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeZe
Hi,
I had an idea which would increase the realism, tactics and teamwork.

Tactical reloading basically means that instead of throwing your clip on the ground when you reload you slip the clip in your pocket for later use. It takes more time to reload, but you can conserve your amunition.

Implementation Idea:
Keep the current reload as it is, using the "R" key. To make use of the tactical reload you would press "R" and another key, I recommend "Shift" as it is easy yo hit while pressing "R". The tactical reload would take maybe 1.5 or 2 times longer then the normal reload, but instead of disposing of the clip, it would be put back with the ammunition.

Also, with tactical reloading, it would be okay to limit the amount of clips to 2-3. People would have to constantly keep in mind how much amunition they have and would go back and forth between clips, also they would need better teamwork to be able to reload regularly from support players.

Example:
Lt. Johnson just finished off two guys with his AK-101, using 19 of the 30 bullets, so he has 11 left. As he only has one more clip of amunition he wants to preserve his bullets, but he needs to engage a group of hostiles ahead and can't kill them all with only 11 bullets. Thus, he finds cover and presses "Shift" + "R". He takes out the current clip, with 11 bullets, and puts it in his pocket, putting his last full clip in his AK-101. He engages the enemies and kills them, but he used up his whole clip. So he reloads, taking his clip from before, so he now has 11 bullets.
*complaint* Magazine *uncomplaint*

Seriously though, I think this should be kept out of the game to encourage ammo resuuply. Also, when players have to keep thinking about math during a firefight they're bound to lose concentration.

DangChang is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
reloading, tactical