project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2008, 12:16 AM   #1
ŠøÏÐÌ£®
Default Openable Door's

I did a bit of searching and I think im sure this hasnt been posted

It would be very interesting if you could have openable doors
In close combat maps such as the map " al basarah ". What I mean is
going up to a door thats already closed and pressing " E " default
Action key to open the door , Also making a squeeky door sound.
This is good if your in A building and your camping out or somthing
but know your aware when enemy has entered the same room!

- Lets elaborate on this ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ŠøÏÐÌ£® is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:20 AM   #2
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

Possible, but the problem with maps like al basrah is that they already have their maximum number of move/destroyable objects.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature! || If you need help or have a question, feel free to contact me via

[R-DEV]Spec is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:50 AM   #3
ŠøÏÐÌ£®

Find away around it ?

Old 03-31-2008, 01:16 AM   #4
Sgt1_Jackson

Send a message via MSN to Sgt1_Jackson

I know one door, but it still is undestroyable, it is in the north of Hiltop, the north entrance door of the building.

Dutch Forces Supporter!

Sgt1_Jackson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:21 AM   #5
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-...g-doors-3.html

theres some discussion of this here.

Quote:
Didnt any of you at least tried FH2?
On the map El Alamein you have a construction house where you have to go to a bunker to cap a flag. To reach that bunker you have to open doors with E. All those doors just open normally. Cant we use those doors for houses and buildings?

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:23 AM   #6
ŠøÏÐÌ£®

I have already read this thread, kicking in doors is not what I mean , Just opening and closing for buildings.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:19 AM   #7
MrD
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to MrD

There is one in the Tunnel on Operation Ghost Train
MrD is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:28 AM   #8
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

That one was there. Afaik it has been removed in 0.75, for whatever reason.

Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature! || If you need help or have a question, feel free to contact me via

[R-DEV]Spec is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:18 AM   #9
Shotgun

... openable doors, just happens to be not only possible but in game. The door at Mine and the cave in OGT. Also for further shutdown may i please direct you to the thread TRIGGERABLES.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f189...ggerables.html

K thanks Bi

PR BigD for life

Home of the Australian and New Zealand PR Community

Shotgun is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:45 AM   #10
Jonny
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ŠøÏÐÌ£® View Post
Find away around it ?
There is no known legal way around it. The part of the program involved is the least likely candidate for fooling the engine, which is insanely difficult anyway.

First get past the 64 player limit, then work on this once you have learned how to fool the engine.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
door, openable