project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
28 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2008, 10:55 PM   #1
SgtShellback
Default Insurgency Maps: Fixing Squad Bug?

Hi Everyone-

First post on the forums... some of you may recognize me. I frequent the Battlearena, TG, and Texas Teamplay servers. Love the game, and as a combat vet, I have to say it does a great job as a sim.

Anyway, I was wondering: Are the Insurgency maps fixable? I think they are really the gem of PR--a totally original game type with unique challenges for each side. But the squad bug and forced restarts really keep the servers from filling up and staying full. I've read in a couple places that the squad bug is caused by a player attempting to start a squad before the 3:00 countdown timer begins at the start of a round. Is this just an urban legend?

In any case, you KNOW I'll keep playing, and keep reconnecting, because it's just a great mod. Thanks!

--SgtShellback
SgtShellback is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:06 PM   #2
GeZe
PR Artwork Team

The squad bug has nothing to do with the insurgency mode.

You may associate it with insurgency because the Battlearena server to my knowledge plays only Al Basrah. The bug from my what I remember originates from BF2CC or such and it's team swapping.. which is necessary when one one map is played on a server.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GeZe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:25 AM   #3
SgtShellback

So... if we could convince Battlearena to put another map in the rotation, say, Operation Archer, then that might take care of the squad problems?

(btw-What is BF2CC?)
Old 03-21-2008, 08:51 AM   #4
Maxfragg

Send a message via ICQ to Maxfragg Send a message via MSN to Maxfragg Send a message via Skype™ to Maxfragg

it is server management tool for BF2

http://maxfragg.blogspot.com
Maxfragg is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:41 AM   #5
Spearhead
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Spearhead Send a message via MSN to Spearhead

Yea the squad bug is "Hardcoded" in the sense that you can only avoid it entirely by disabling autobalancing of the teams. Obviously that is not the best solution in practice. I had a few ideas about how to do some form of semi-auto balancing but we didn't yet look into those really.

Spearhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:46 AM   #6
Terror_Terror_Terror

I played for a quite a few months on a BF2CC powered Karkand only server and it never had any squad bugs or crashing problems. The server used to run 100 rounds of Karkand, partly so you didn't have to reload after every round but also because of root server resource limitations. The server was auto-balanced. I also ran a BF2CC powered standard BF2 server with a single map on it for a week or so, again auto-balanced, and I just didn't encounter these problems. Are these problems specific to PR or have they occurred to other people in other mods?
Terror_Terror_Terror is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 07:42 PM   #7
SgtShellback

It sounds like there are some conflicting views on where the bug originates. Has anyone been able to consistently reproduce it?
Old 03-21-2008, 09:20 PM   #8
Jester_Prince

I heard one Battlearena Admin talking about adding sunset city between Albashra and he was saying he would set the tickets to 100 a side so the round would a) be a short battle and stop the squad bug
b) give everyone a short break between the two but not turn people who only like the insurgency mode away (im one of them)

I think this is a brilliant idea and he should do it.

Alternativly they could put in Op archer, which ive only had the pleasure of playing once on a real server so far because the servers are so full and makes it hard to join and even then i was lagged out to hell so had to give up. So i dont know what its like to play but either way i like the idea.
Jester_Prince is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 01:41 AM   #9
crazy11
Retired PR Developer

The squad bug happens when someone starts a squad and leaves it before the server loads. This happens a lot at the battlearena server because you can load the map so fast.
P.S. Don't think Battle is going to put Sunset City in the rotation and Archers is to buggy to put on the server no offence.
crazy11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:34 AM   #10
Jester_Prince

I only heard about him suggesting it anyway. He was getting sick of squad bugs. Either way its not happened yet and if he was going to do it he wopuld have done it by now i guess
Jester_Prince is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, fixing, insurgency, maps, squad