project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
25 Sep 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 07:52 AM   #1
foxxravin

Send a message via MSN to foxxravin
Default grenade=deaf?

this is just a suggestion tho, dont know if anyone have suggested it before but, is it possible to code or whatever :P that if a grenade or any other explosives like c4 etc. explode near you, you can become deaf until you die and respawn again, like you cant hear any cars driving near you etc. what you think? :P

foxxravin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:20 AM   #2
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Deaf until you die sounds like no fun . But deaf for a while sounds okay to me. Or at least deafened, hearing distorted sounds or almost nothing. If it's possible?

[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:23 AM   #3
kilroy0097
Supporting Member

What you want is that flash bang grenade like whining you get in the ears when something explodes nearby. Such as what is in CoD4. I do not know if it's possible though it would be cool. Permanent deafness would be very annoying as much grenade spam goes on. However I would support the whining in the ears if that were possible with the engine.
kilroy0097 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:23 AM   #4
Katash

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]AfterDune View Post
Deaf until you die sounds like no fun . But deaf for a while sounds okay to me. Or at least deafened, hearing distorted sounds or almost nothing. If it's possible?
I thought it was already in - I know for definate the flashbang makes your ears ring and I'm pretty sure being too close to a nade or C4 has the same effect.

Gunranger.co.uk - A Free UK Online Gun Advertising Site
Katash is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:27 AM   #5
$kelet0r

The tinnitus effect in BF2/PR is not very effective - hopefully Jaymz will put his sound design expertise to good use to improve it
$kelet0r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:30 AM   #6
Mosquill
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxravin View Post
this is just a suggestion tho, dont know if anyone have suggested it before but, is it possible to code or whatever :P that if a grenade or any other explosives like c4 etc. explode near you, you can become deaf until you die and respawn again, like you cant hear any cars driving near you etc. what you think? :P
I think that would make some ppl use 'suicide' button more often.
Mosquill is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:00 AM   #7
Smegburt_funkledink

Deaf till respawn but still hear your team on mic? Wouldn't be very realistic. I'm pretty sure VOIP can't be messed with AFAIK.

There's been a few times I've set off a some packs of C4 right next to a singular soldier, thinking to myself... "I bet his ears hurt" The're pretty loud as it is and gives quite a shock.
Last edited by Smegburt_funkledink; 03-13-2008 at 09:12 AM..
Old 03-21-2008, 10:36 PM   #8
arpnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxravin View Post
Hey foxxravin please do not spam my site anymore with drug sites. It was either you are someone pretending to be you. Same name and e-mail address as you use for this site. Thanks....
arpnon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:53 PM   #9
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

How about grenade=dead? That's my fav.....

If they can figure out how to do a good ringing effect, that lasts a reasonably short amount of time, I'm all for it. But I don't want to play PR with a new "ear-ringing" background noise.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:35 AM   #10
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Bit of a problem here. There's only one effect that can be used for when you're in the explosion radius of something so you can only have one sound. This means that if we changed the sound you'd also get it when you're being suppressed by small arms fire.

This is why, currently, there is only a low "rumble" sound similar to what you hear in Saving Private Ryan (the part where Tom Hanks is shell shocked on the beach). Maybe if we can make a way to have a separate effect for explosions we could use a different sound but I don't think that's likely

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Jaymz is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
grenadedeaf