project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 04:12 PM   #21
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

Comes back to the best solution is probably one that involves two elements to the bunker and firebase:

The main body - the sandbags and cammo netting for the FB, the sandbag walls and wooden base for the Bunker

A team-level rallypoint - either spawned automatically inside the B/FB after a short period of time, or SL/Commander placed within a very small distance of a B/FB.

Attacking sides would be able to kill the rallypoint with a knife, leaving the main body of the B/FB up until an engineer could get to it to destroy it outright. The ability to request heavy kits would remain linked to the structure itself, as would the ammo store - meaning that if attackers failed to remove a B/FB and the defenders were able to recapture it, they could still utilise this important aspect.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:21 PM   #22
Jonny

I think thats a bit better, maybee the HP of the bunker could be increased to make it a place you can really defend from, too?
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:19 PM   #23
AnRK
Supporting Member

Yeah I reckon if the defendabilty is increased there wouldn't be a problem, personally though I'd like to see less of the things in game in general and more transport.

I'd much prefer to have 1 bunker per side which can be heavily defended with AA, TOWs and MGs then loads of the things causing this if you ask me.
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:42 PM   #24
Clypp

Send a message via AIM to Clypp Send a message via MSN to Clypp

I don't like the idea of removing bunkers. However, what could possibly be done to prevent eternal seiges is to limit a bunkers spawn ability. If bunkers can spawn a max of size men, and takes a two minutes to recharge each slot a squad sized group can spawn only once every 12 minutes.
Clypp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:45 PM   #25
AnRK
Supporting Member

Yeah that's a reasonable idea, 12 minutes is a little excessive if you ask me but summet along those lines might be good.
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:11 PM   #26
[T]Terranova7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Smeg View Post
The problem is this, I know you all see it but I'll try to make it simple.

Team A - 1 squad builds bunker at flag, 6 people max. Flunker is born.

Team B - 20 or so people attack flunker, killing 6 people,
At the same time Team B have cut off Team A's supply routes and surrounded the flunker.

Team A - Spawns on bunker.

Team B - Need to now kill up to 32 people to re-take flunker.

Team A - "Yay!"

Team B - "WTF?"

'Tis very vanilla ish when that occurs whilst your taking a flag. You find yourself flinching around looking in corners you've checked, waiting for someone to spawn there. It's not quite as extreme as a flunker but similar things can happen.

If Team A could only spawn when there's no enemy within a certain radius of it, that might help..?..
Although I see the problem, this scenario works both ways. Players defending a CP have to deal with an endless wave after wave of oncoming opposition in a short time span thanks to firebases and rally points. If players don't have bunkers to spawn on, defenders are put at a serious disadvantage.

If you ask me, I'd like to see a system where players can only spawn on back flags (CPs not within the current AAS group).

Member of
|

[T]Terranova7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:46 AM   #27
Smegburt_funkledink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terranova View Post
Although I see the problem, this scenario works both ways. Players defending a CP have to deal with an endless wave after wave of oncoming opposition in a short time span thanks to firebases and rally points. If players don't have bunkers to spawn on, defenders are put at a serious disadvantage.

If you ask me, I'd like to see a system where players can only spawn on back flags (CPs not within the current AAS group).
The waves of attacking players would be opposed by defending players spawning at their own rally points, to advance and secure the perimeter.

To keep the CP defended, there would need to be a supply chain as discussed... A couple trucks full of soldiers and a supply crate or two seems quite realistic. If these trucks were destroyed, the supply chain would be broken and the defending team would need to find another way to reinforce or supply the CP.

Defenders would be at a disadvantage in some situations IRLIMO.
Smegburt_funkledink is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:24 PM   #28
TheSkudDestroyer
Supporting Member

I honestly dont know what the big problem is for most of you.

If you're in a squad, and you encounter a CO asset...

1. Hide. Inform everyone
2. See if anyone has explosives or AT
3. Go to rally or nearest point to get AT or explosives.
4. Blow it up and run.

If you fail, try again, but ask for tank or APC support.

Communication brings down Bunkers more often than zerging.

TheSkudDestroyer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:29 PM   #29
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
I honestly dont know what the big problem is for most of you.

If you're in a squad, and you encounter a CO asset...

1. Hide. Inform everyone
2. See if anyone has explosives or AT
3. Go to rally or nearest point to get AT or explosives.
4. Blow it up and run.

If you fail, try again, but ask for tank or APC support.

Communication brings down Bunkers more often than zerging.
Agreed. This is what I do.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:37 PM   #30
[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude
Forum Moderator

I think the removal of Bunkers is one of the most regressive suggestions to date!

...mongol...

Military Lawyers engaged in fierce action

[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bunkers, remove