project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 06:32 PM   #11
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

I think the current system is fine. You just have to realize that continually spawning at a bunker near an occupied flag is dumb. You WILL die, and your team will lose tickets. Instead, realize that by NOT spawning their you lose nothing, have the chance to regroup, and don't lost tickets for your team. Continually spawning at an overrun spawnpoint is a vBF2 tactic, it shouldn't be a PR one.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:52 PM   #12
Psyko

bunkers and firebases or okay in my book, except for the bunker's lack of strength. if you want to improve the situation, there should be (if ANYTHING) static weapons that are deployable in the same way. so far we got AA guns. and nothing else. whats wrong with having a couple of TOWs or some very strong sandbags with an MG on them?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Thanks for all the hard work PR team!
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:56 PM   #13
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykogundam View Post
bunkers and firebases or okay in my book, except for the bunker's lack of strength. if you want to improve the situation, there should be (if ANYTHING) static weapons that are deployable in the same way. so far we got AA guns. and nothing else. whats wrong with having a couple of TOWs or some very strong sandbags with an MG on them?
Apparently when the sandbag dies, the gun floats in mid air.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 07:16 PM   #14
[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude
Forum Moderator

No, I think Bunkers should stay.

The bunkers and FBs are a good way of increasing the amount of personnel to a conflict area, while allowing the largest of maps.

Because players cant spawn on the flag, defending would be almost useless, unless done superbly conservatively; it wouldn't represent two large forces, more like a squad against an attacking army.

...mongol...

Military Lawyers engaged in fierce action

[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:59 PM   #15
AnRK
Supporting Member

If anything it makes more sense to have Bunkers but not Firebases, (I'm not gonna suggest that for a second just for the record ) Bunkers represent a CP being fortified as it would be given the opportunity and then becoming part of the supply chain. It'd be much better if we ccould get some static MGs and TOWs and such down but I'm sure their on the DEVs list of stuff to do.

Firebases are a forward emplacement where troops come out of nowhere, where as you can suspend your disbelief to an extent with a Bunker cos they would be part of a supply chain.

Would people be happier if we put a "spawn at your own risk" sign on the bunkers?
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:08 PM   #16
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Don't get me wrong, I do like the Flunkers, but I was thinking what would happen, if each CP did not have pile of sandbags giving birth to new soldiers every few moments and you could actually cut off reinforcements (respawning players) and surround the CP.

As I said, it's a radical suggestion and I wanted to read what others think about it.

It just came to me after I played PR and the team kept spawning on the Flunker after the enemy took out all the RPs and the firebase, because people aren't smart enough to keep an overwatch/flank something and they just piled up on the flag and kept getting killed, since you can't really defend yourself with some static objects and a sandbag, when the enemy has you surrounded completely.

Another player problem I guess.

Quote:
Would people be happier if we put a "spawn at your own risk" sign on the bunkers?
Might be a useful easter egg besides the DieHard batteries and that toy company logo on radios

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:20 PM   #17
Jonny

I still dont like spawning on the bunker, its just not right to bring back spawning on a flag, even if it is only a few flags for a short time.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:01 PM   #18
AnRK
Supporting Member

Aren't CPs where an army would concentrate their supplies and re-enforcements in the first place though? So spawning on the flag seems fine to me. It still takes time to get a supply truck over and build a bunker, especially in a heated area, it's a very far cry from Vanilla so I don't see the problem.
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:27 PM   #19
Smegburt_funkledink

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnRK View Post
Aren't CPs where an army would concentrate their supplies and re-enforcements in the first place though? So spawning on the flag seems fine to me. It still takes time to get a supply truck over and build a bunker, especially in a heated area, it's a very far cry from Vanilla so I don't see the problem.
The problem is this, I know you all see it but I'll try to make it simple.

Team A - 1 squad builds bunker at flag, 6 people max. Flunker is born.

Team B - 20 or so people attack flunker, killing 6 people,
At the same time Team B have cut off Team A's supply routes and surrounded the flunker.

Team A - Spawns on bunker.

Team B - Need to now kill up to 32 people to re-take flunker.

Team A - "Yay!"

Team B - "WTF?"

'Tis very vanilla ish when that occurs whilst your taking a flag. You find yourself flinching around looking in corners you've checked, waiting for someone to spawn there. It's not quite as extreme as a flunker but similar things can happen.

If Team A could only spawn when there's no enemy within a certain radius of it, that might help..?..
Last edited by Smegburt_funkledink; 03-12-2008 at 03:33 PM..
Old 03-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #20
Jonny

forces are not concentrated at CPs, they are concentrated at bases far from combat.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bunkers, remove