project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Feb 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

View Poll Results: QCB/middle range or Longrange maps
QCB 73 13.59%
Longrange 54 10.06%
A mix of all 363 67.60%
Middle Range 47 8.75%
Voters: 537. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 07:05 AM   #21
LtSoucy
Supporting Member

I want a mixed of both. In to days warfare most battles are both. Not like in WW2 when there was mostly QCB.

Reality Gaming - Making Games Reality
http://realitygamer.org/

Old 03-07-2008, 07:07 AM   #22
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Yeah the map size in JO was unlimited as far as I remember and the largest map had a span over 64 Km...Kashan can hide.

I'd really like to see medium sized with CQC and more choke points. IMO, Ejod 16p plays very good with 64 players as the city is spaced out enough and everyone is forced to go through a certain street instead of "flanking around" while the actual center of the map is ghost town like on 64p.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:57 AM   #23
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz View Post
Yeah the map size in JO was unlimited as far as I remember and the largest map had a span over 64 Km...Kashan can hide.
Bimbu channel! Good times

Old 03-07-2008, 12:02 PM   #24
AnRK
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milobr View Post
I hate dense jungle maps (Mestia, Ghost Train, Fool's Road) because they remind me of Counter-Strike. Really, it's just pure chaotic. My best games are usually in desert maps like Ejod, Kashan, etc where you can employ a lot of infantry tactics and the game is much more like real war.
Eh? On fools road I've had some of the most well thought out games I've ever played other then perhaps on Jabal or Qwai. It can get really messy but there's [;enty of room for you to think your way out of things, unless your been pinned from every way possible at the bridge/village as British.

I have to go with Johnny though. Personally I love the big maps with open terrain BUT I like them to be broken up by small villages, forests and valleys and such.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #25
Liquid_Cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz View Post
IMO, Ejod 16p plays very good with 64 players as the city is spaced out enough and everyone is forced to go through a certain street instead of "flanking around".
Agreed, EJOD has remained one of my favorites, I like the funneling which happens through the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtSoucy View Post
I want a mixed of both. In to days warfare most battles are both. Not like in WW2 when there was mostly QCB.
Soucy, little buddy, you need to go hit those history books a little harder. While there was plenty of CQB in WWII, especially in the Pacific theater there were also some fantastic open plain tank battles including the entire North Africa campaing (like the famous Battle of El Alamein, yes its more than just a BF42 map), the eastern front between USSR and Germany was mostly fought on open plains (exceptions being the big seiges of cities), and the Battle of the Bulge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkMick View Post
but the reality is that BF2 makes this less than possible.
That is the root of the problem here. You cannot have a massive battle with just 32 people per side. Some day there will be a game platform which can have hundreds per side, then Project Reality can reach its full potential. Until that happens, there are just certian bits of realism which we must sacrifice for game play (like crewed arty, large scale air support, supply trains, etc.,).

Golden Camel Alliance
Fear the Moo!!!
<MFF>
Old 03-07-2008, 02:27 PM   #26
Jonny

I think soucy means the western front or even the trench warfare of WWI.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:18 PM   #27
burghUK

id say long ranges as in most contacts in afghanistan is like hundreds of metres away.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:04 PM   #28
Wolfe

Each map should focus on ONE style of play, not all.

Right now, every map tries to be all types at once. Infantry maps should be infantry maps; get the armor and apc's the heck out of there. Let armor maps be armor. Some maps have so many different vehicles that nobody goes infantry and flags are left blowing in the wind.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:07 PM   #29
Psyko

Cool

mix of both.

The main issue is the lack of coordination
and lack of strictness.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:29 PM   #30
Longbow*

Send a message via ICQ to Longbow*

urban maps are the best. Or something like Al Basrah - City surrounded by desert with a few roads and villages. Imo the best map concept brought by PR.
Closed Thread

Tags
battles, cqb, focused, long, middle, poll, range