project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
28 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: Should squad rally points be removed?
Do it! 29 13.18%
Don't do it. 191 86.82%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2008, 08:40 AM   #31
Pluizert

Rallypoints are neccesary for the big maps only and for attacking squads it is much better to have.
For some maps (OGT, EJOD) i think 1 well placed bunker/fb is enough to get the control of the map. As long as there are people defending/rebuilding the structure.
And not all players move to the next flag to capture...

I like to see 32 players on a tactical point defending it and creating no way through for the enemy engineer/spec-ops. Thats invasion!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:40 AM   #32
Sadist_Cain
Supporting Member

Firebases are far easier to spot than Rallypoints and there is a lot more fun in going to attack a properly built dug in fortifiaction because it requires coordination and bring up explosives etc. rather than searching for a load of bags buried in some rocks or a tree.

Bunkers can only be built on a capped flag and so are good in that they let your tema spawn closer up depending on how much ground they've captured.

The folk who set a FB close to 100m of a flag are just asking for it to be destroyed because it's so obvious.

This would actually make it so all players HAVE to think about their assets, because if they aren't there and they arent defended/moved then it's all over.
The arguement of "no one will play it properly except me!" dosn't work because people can always learn from the better players.

I play this thing for about 2-4 hours a day so I don't post here more than player, I just post what I think based on the amount I play.

Hence why I think I'm going to definately try leading a squad without rallypoints tonight. Anyone care to join me on the server? Will require an awesome load of teamwork and building :P Think of the atmosphere
Who's gonna join me?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:01 AM   #33
RCMoonPie
Supporting Member

Removal would be disastrous to gameplay....period

Edit:
Just for the fact that in PR the maps are larger.
If the majority of a squad is wiped out in a good fire-fight, this leaves part of the squad accross the map....while others are spawning at another flag or worse, at the main...waiting on a vehicle.
Its not so bad if you are playing with a clan or the like.....but it can be disastrous in some cases while pubbing with 5 other strangers.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
Last edited by RCMoonPie; 02-14-2008 at 09:10 AM..
Old 02-14-2008, 09:04 AM   #34
SleepyHe4d

Great arguement!

Me too: No it wouldn't....period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadist_Cain View Post
Hence why I think I'm going to definately try leading a squad without rallypoints tonight. Anyone care to join me on the server? Will require an awesome load of teamwork and building :P Think of the atmosphere
Who's gonna join me?
It's gonna be hard to get people to play along with that playstyle if they just have the choice to go join a squad with a rally, not to mention you don't get to see the gameplay effects it would have on fighting against the other team too.

What I'm trying to figure out is why so many people are against this. Are they afraid of the requirement of better coordination and teamwork? Why aren't they playing BF2?

It's friggin impossible to convince or argue against people that want that. ><
Last edited by SleepyHe4d; 02-14-2008 at 09:11 AM..
Old 02-14-2008, 09:14 AM   #35
Warmagi

I voted yes.

Why?

Because of endless atacks on the flag which you/they just defended so well.

I'm all for trying to play without a rally.

[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude: ...remember to show as much respect to the new players as the veteran players. Todays 'noob' is tomorrow's 'Vet'.

Reddish_Red: We're fine...

Random.. ehmmm... "player": Give me the chopper. No. I want to fly. No. But I want to, get out from it now or I TK you. ... ... ... No
Old 02-14-2008, 09:42 AM   #36
Tartantyco

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMoonPie View Post
Removal would be disastrous to gameplay....period
-You're disatrous to gameplay.

Quote:
Just for the fact that in PR the maps are larger.
If the majority of a squad is wiped out in a good fire-fight, this leaves part of the squad accross the map....while others are spawning at another flag or worse, at the main...waiting on a vehicle.
-If the majority of a squad is wiped out, it's because they suck and the guys who wiped them out should be rewarded for their skill by not being attacked by them again in 50 secs.

Quote:
Its not so bad if you are playing with a clan or the like.....but it can be disastrous in some cases while pubbing with 5 other strangers.
-That's because people play in an arcady fashion, and that's because the game does not punish arcade gaming. If it did I assure you that the strangers you play with would be much more skilled.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #37
[R-DEV]Deadfast
PR:A3 Lead Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Deadfast Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Deadfast

[kenwayy]
Short answer: No.
Longer answer: Hell no.
[/kenwayy]

Why not?
It's simple:

What would this be good for?
It surely would be realistic, no argument on that, but it would place all responsibility on a one single person - the commander. A wrong man on CO position would be a disaster even for the best team in universe.
Just try to imagine the situation with incompetent CO on a map of Kashan's size. Would you seriously want to run 5km every time you get killed just because your commander didn't set up a firebase and some noobs drove all the vehicles to the middle of f'ing nowhere?
Call me whatever you want to, but I wouldn't.

Another problem is - will it promote teamplay?
In my opinion, not at all. It would make the squad completely spread over the whole map just because 90% of people won't even bother thinking about waiting for the rest of his squad. I'll bet my shoes on that.

And BTW:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartantyco View Post
-You're disatrous to gameplay.
You're behaving like a 12 years old for no reason.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:13 AM   #38
SleepyHe4d

If you're team is that horrible on teamwork and playing in general then you don't deserve to win in the first place, this would just seal the deal. This is a team game you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadfast View Post
will it promote teamplay?
I don't see why not, people would catch on that there is a way bigger disadvantage when not using teamwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadfast View Post
You're behaving like a 12 years old for no reason.
Nothing wrong with that reply to a post that has no arguement. It gets the message across.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:14 AM   #39
Warmagi

And another topic changed into flaming flame after flame. Maybe just make a topic called "Flame a lame" and post there before posting in a nice clean thread?

[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude: ...remember to show as much respect to the new players as the veteran players. Todays 'noob' is tomorrow's 'Vet'.

Reddish_Red: We're fine...

Random.. ehmmm... "player": Give me the chopper. No. I want to fly. No. But I want to, get out from it now or I TK you. ... ... ... No
Old 02-14-2008, 10:20 AM   #40
[R-DEV]Deadfast
PR:A3 Lead Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Deadfast Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Deadfast

I don't know on who that flame war point was aimed at, but if it's on me, I'm sure my post brought there a much more than just the mentioned flame war.

@SleepyHe4d:
I play PR long enough to know that most of the players will just refuse to wait 10 minutes to fully regroup just to get killed 2 minutes later and repeat.
Besides, just as I say - this would place too many responsibility on one person (the CO). An idler in CO position would mean a round is over for one of the teams.

Closed Thread

Tags
points, rally, remove, squad