project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
17 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2008, 02:50 PM   #1
burghUK

Default More afghan maps

Hi i have a suggestion.

I think in the next update we need morre maps in afghanistan maybe like 2. but i think they need to be modelled better because at the moment helmand province looks nothing like afghanistan.

The reason we need more afghan maps is that afghanistan is the hottest place at the moment so it would be the most realistic.

In the maps they should include .

Apache longbows
Us or Brits or new faction(dutch,polish etc)
possibly a10 as ive seen plenty vids with a10 and apache support.
Multiple compounds for the taliban to defend.
not insurgency. more like search and destroy (look below for details)

Search and destroy

this will in volve either the brits ,us,dutch or canadian or whatever UN force having a main base. there will then be 4 points from which the taliban will defend in order.

cap 4
^
||
cap 3
^
||
cap 2
^
||
cap 1

this is the order in which the compounds must be cleared.

ok at the start he british will spawn at the main base which will be a far walk from cap 1. all the taliban will spawn at cap 1 and hold it or move out for a ambush.

the objective.

the british must move in to each cap area and clear all taliban from it or by killing all taliban in it. once the taliban in the cap have been killed they cannot respawn until all their teamm8s have died. once cap one is secured the taliban will spawn at cap 2 and the same thing will occur.

there are consequences for the brits 2.

if the brits cap point one then they can spawn at that point 1 time but if they die again they have to go back to main base.

the taliban CAN recapture points if they are lost by killing all british in cap 1.

obviously this type of gameplay will make it alot more realistic and make dieing alot of a problem. it will ensure alot of teamwork but there will be a few problems:

if someones is afk in a cap it may take the british a while to remove him from it so a admin would be required.

if your team is winning and ur dead you can't spawn until the cap is lost so i propose that they may be able to spawn after 5 minutes of death at cap 4 incase of that scenario.

PLEASE COMMENT and give additional ideas.
burghUK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:56 PM   #2
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

[R-DEV]Dr. Rank is working on a sangin map, and I think the DEVs are certainly focused on Afghanistan and Iraq as future map choices.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:04 PM   #3
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

In the xfire chat I believe they stated they have alot of afgan maps in planning.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:08 PM   #4
burghUK

the maps aren't extremely im portant im just wondering if people think the search and destroy mode is a bit more realistic for afghanistan than insurgency
burghUK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:54 PM   #5
Ragni<RangersPL>

Well... it's not a secret, there will be at least one afghan map included in Polish Forces faction (AAS mode, POL Vs INS).

YouTube - Kohe Kulum v2

(Yes, I know, the video is outdated)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!!!

Do not post stupid suggestions just because you had a bad round in PR
Last edited by Ragni<RangersPL>; 02-02-2008 at 04:01 PM..
Old 02-02-2008, 04:10 PM   #6
[R-DEV]Dr Rank
Supporting Member

In 0.8 (well, should be as long as nothing major happens like I break both my arms a couple of times) you should be playing Sangin, a 4km Afghan map BloodBane611 mentioned earlier. I'm still busy working on the fields and compounds at the moment, but I'll post a Dev Journal topic in the next couple of months

[R-DEV]Dr Rank is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:36 AM   #7
LtSoucy
Supporting Member

sounds nice Rank. And I also think that the Canada faction will have several Afgan maps also.

Reality Gaming - Making Games Reality

LtSoucy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:47 PM   #8
soraflair
Send a message via AIM to soraflair Send a message via MSN to soraflair Send a message via Yahoo to soraflair

Afganistan:

We need roads that wind in between mountains what we need in PR is a moutan with caves and roads that flow in and out of mountains.
soraflair is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:21 PM   #9
[R-DEV]Rudd
Supporting Member

Looks like really nice hiking country if it wasnt for the war.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:40 PM   #10
SnipA

Send a message via MSN to SnipA

Yeah, we need caves like on the outside of the villages, placed in hills

Xfire: bobmo0re
SnipA is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
afghan, maps