project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2006, 05:44 PM   #61
{YBBS}Sage

What's bugged me the most is the effectiveness (or lack of) of the AA vehicle guns. You can blast a helo with the guns on a Tunguska till they overheat, and he's still flying. In real life, that helicopter would be confetti. Ditto with the AAMs and SAMs. You can out-turn them in a jet. I'm pretty sure that a Sidewinder can pull more Gs than a MiG29...

I liked what someone said above about proximity fuses. That's something I'd love to see. I won't forget the first time I saw an anti-air missile go THROUGH a Seahawk's doors without exploding... Proximity should really get done.
{YBBS}Sage is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:57 PM   #62
Tzefanya

That happens so often...

Quote:
I won't forget the first time I saw an anti-air missile go THROUGH a Seahawk's doors without exploding...

Tzefanya: Protected by God
Tzefanya is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:59 PM   #63
Martini

Using the AT kit had proved more usefull in downing helos than the AA vehicles.

I have gotten good at that, it becomes a real sight when 4 AT guys are taking pot shots at enemy helicoptors!!

Martini is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:05 PM   #64
Why?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus
Can the normally unused weapon keys (4 through 9) be remapped to include other things? Such as:
Flaps and Air brakes. Can the flight physics wings be controlled in an on off manner to approximate these. Would they be helpful in landings? Then the normal flight wings could be tweaked with less lift to make handling a bit more realistic. And low speed maneuvers harder.
When I was experimenting with making a pseudo-hat switch I tried using those buttons to move the camera around. No dice, but there are a couple things I may have overlooked. I hope.

As for a whole bunch of other things such as G-Forces, I have a really great idea on how to get it to work, and very well too. However the problem lies in the fact that you cannot import models. There might be a workaround for it. I also have been messing around with different ideas in my head as to get anything to work even vaguely similar to how it would in real life. I have a couple ideas, but all of them need to be tested in concept ingame for me to even guess if what I have in mind is vaguely possible.

Which reminds me, one of the biggest limitations I have encountered with the Battlefield engines is that there has never been a way to create new key commands. If that could be done, I can think of a whole slew of things that could easily be incorporated into the game.

Why?! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 05:18 PM   #65
Resjah

Quote:
Originally Posted by {YBBS}Sage
What's bugged me the most is the effectiveness (or lack of) of the AA vehicle guns. You can blast a helo with the guns on a Tunguska till they overheat, and he's still flying. In real life, that helicopter would be confetti. Ditto with the AAMs and SAMs. You can out-turn them in a jet. I'm pretty sure that a Sidewinder can pull more Gs than a MiG29...

I liked what someone said above about proximity fuses. That's something I'd love to see. I won't forget the first time I saw an anti-air missile go THROUGH a Seahawk's doors without exploding... Proximity should really get done.
well, you have to limit it because of map limitations, if the maps were like Falcon, with such an expansive enviroment, then hell yeah, any pilot stupid enough to wander into the same range of an Tunguskas guns as in BF2, should get torn to shreads, but with maps so small, it has to be restricted a bit.

Yes, proximity fuses should definately be implemented, would make missiles more realistic and would make the pilot try hard to not get him/herself locked on, or try as hard as they can to evade a missile, no simple "i pulled a small turn and dodged missiles" crap

Resjah is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aircraft, plane, suggestions, whores