project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
30 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2008, 06:39 AM   #1
beavis.uk^
Default Sniper rifle accuracy sinse 0.7

Well first of all i want to thank the DEVs & others for their hard work, i really love this mod, and was so addicted i played 0.6 average 15 hours a day... but

I have a question, what have you done to the sniper rifles? When using the M40A3 i cannot hit a single target, even ones standing still... im using bullet drop also like i was in 0.6 for 300m+ targets.. im trying to hit still targets at 200-300m and it doesnt even show bullet holes or sometimes even any dust on ground hits if i shoot the ground...

sinse 0.7 i feel like a noob... cuz in 0.6 i used to be so knowledgable of everything... hmmmm

any help ?
Old 01-01-2008, 06:47 AM   #2
[R-DEV]Chuc
PR:BF2 Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Chuc Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Chuc

Average 15 hours a day!? Please get some sunshine, sunshine!

Anyway, with a new version, you`re bound to have to break old habits.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Personal Folio -
Old 01-01-2008, 06:53 AM   #3
Viper5

Sniper Rifles are completely screwed
Old 01-01-2008, 06:54 AM   #4
beavis.uk^

Indeed mate, i'm not proud of the time i spend on the computer, but oh boy... it keeps me happy

edit: Also, for "old habits" ... hmmm... tbh i actually thought 0.6 was perfect, other than some extra things what could be added, and slight accuracy changes on assault rifles... and of course deletion of qspotting entirely, but this qspotting still remains? I can still spot things ... it shouts "enemy sniper" if i qspot him on the hill, just doesn't show the red target - thus meaning, you can still qspot invisible people?

Also, i thought sniper rifles in 0.6 was balanced, especially hard to hit with the extra latency pingers (120+)... you had to add that extra bullet time aka latency lag... but now i don't even hit still targets at 200m when they stand

I'm not bitching, i'm just confused and concerned seeking good information/updates i checked the 0.7 on "what is updated" but i see nothing in there to do with this...

Note: unless of course wind movement was added (flags please)
Old 01-01-2008, 06:57 AM   #5
Irichanu
Send a message via MSN to Irichanu

I didnt kill anyone over 300m from me with M14, jus saw some dust flying 5m from target. And of course i saw some sky when someone instaproned and got me headshoted.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:59 AM   #6
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Here's the issue. The deviation settings on the M40A3 and the M14 are fubar for some reason. We apologize about this and will attend to it in the 0.7 patch.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Closed Thread

Tags
accuracy, rifle, sinse, sniper