Project Reality Forums

Project Reality Forums (http://www.realitymod.com/forum/)
-   PR:BF2 Suggestions (http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-pr-bf2-suggestions)
-   -   Mosin nagant (http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-pr-bf2-suggestions/32894-mosin-nagant.html)

The_Blitzcraig 12-31-2007 01:04 AM

Mosin nagant
 
Is there a reason why the SVD does more damage then the Mosin Nagant? They both fire the same exact round (7.62x54mmR) and the mosin has a higher muzzle velocity than the SVD(Mosin - 853mps vs SVD - 830mps).It would only make sense to have the Mosin do more damage or at least equal amount compared to the SVD.Also will the Mosin ever get a better quality scope, I dont mind if the magnification is the same, Its just that the crosshairs are poorly made and crooked.

nedlands1 12-31-2007 02:15 AM

I agree with you. Apparently this should be remedied in v0.7.

Ghost1800 12-31-2007 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blitzcraig (Post 564636)
Also will the Mosin ever get a better quality scope, I dont mind if the magnification is the same, Its just that the crosshairs are poorly made and crooked.

As are most of the other parts of the rifle : /

agentscar 12-31-2007 02:51 AM

LOL,The guy always fold out a non-existant Bi-Pod on it too,when you get it out.

ZaZZo 12-31-2007 06:21 AM

Can we ask BGF for their model pwetty pwease??

lysander_atrull 12-31-2007 06:35 AM

bare in mind that the mosin was built 100 years ago ;) machining has come along a bit.. the svd is atleast half that age, so should be a bit more accurate and/ should not have such worn bores.

Jonny 12-31-2007 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blitzcraig (Post 564636)
Is there a reason why the SVD does more damage then the Mosin Nagant? They both fire the same exact round (7.62x54mmR) and the mosin has a higher muzzle velocity than the SVD(Mosin - 853mps vs SVD - 830mps).It would only make sense to have the Mosin do more damage or at least equal amount compared to the SVD.Also will the Mosin ever get a better quality scope, I dont mind if the magnification is the same, Its just that the crosshairs are poorly made and crooked.

SVD = 50 damage

Mosin = 51.1 damage

or at least it should be...

Expendable Grunt 12-31-2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lysander_atrull (Post 564984)
bare in mind that the mosin was built 100 years ago ;) machining has come along a bit.. the svd is atleast half that age, so should be a bit more accurate and/ should not have such worn bores.

The K98 is dead accurate.

Jedimushroom 12-31-2007 02:38 PM

The No.4 Lee Enfield was the most accurate standard rifle in World War 2, it also had a 10 round magazine when almost every other rifle had a 5 round magazine. Plus it just looks so much nicer.

Bob_Marley 12-31-2007 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedimushroom (Post 565650)
The No.4 Lee Enfield was the most accurate standard rifle in World War 2, it also had a 10 round magazine when almost every other rifle had a 5 round magazine. Plus it just looks so much nicer.

No, it wasn't. The Lee action is noted for its speed, its accuracy is average. Theres a reason why most modern sniper's and hunting rifles are based on a Mauser type action.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:11 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2015, Project Reality.


Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1