project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2007, 11:58 AM   #1
7eveN
Default Limiting pilot kits?

I love being a transport pilot using the Bh(which i'm in extremly love with) and littlebirds.
I don't call my self a god of heli transport, but i manage to do few (once or twice max in a round, but mainly coz of enemy fire and stupid people shooting the miniguns and thus giving my position away) crashes in a round.
But i se alot of poeple, just entering the server, getting a pilot kit, getting inot a BH and as soon as he gets in, puts the throttle at max and crashing or crash in to a building.
It is just a awste of resources.
So i think the pilto kit should be limited, i know the noobs might get it first, but i think its better than having a whole team of pilots on the us carrier.
or just inforce people to create a pilot only squad, and leave the choppers to the professionals.

*wait a sec, the noobs would crash all teh choppers, so....
uhmm, thats a problem.
7eveN is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:11 PM   #2
Soulja

Send a message via MSN to Soulja

Only thing i see wrong with this is smacktards getting pilot kits because they spawned closer to the flag while the skilled pilots are stuck with "I've already issued all (?) pilot kits."

In Game Name: Linelor
X-Fire User: ogikarma
Soulja is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:14 PM   #3
Doom721

I understand where your coming from, but all you need are some goons to request the pilot kits and run off to the main fight like morons - and then all your air assets are useless

Determining who flies and who doesn't is really up to admins of servers, and whether or not you crash in 30 seconds.

Just a simple motto, if you can fly - don't ... lol

If you can fly and use voip and are in the RIGHT SQUAD.... and there are no designated aerial squads that came before you.... THEN if your playing "seriously" and the like ask SL :P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"FAIL" - Right after you drive on the grass in Gran Turismo 4
Playing PR since Halo dropping spec ops and SL spawn
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( .3
)
Proud Member of the ~6 player PR clan StrkTm
Doom721 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:17 PM   #4
Death_dx

Can maps set the number of pilot kits? If so then it's a good a idea (I actually thought about suggesting this the other day). But, if not would it really matter if it was limited?
Death_dx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:08 PM   #5
ryan d ale

I'm not the pilot type but can fly. When I get in a heli 50% of the time the pilot crashes or doesn't know how to land. I don't think there's a solution to the problem either (other than playing on exclusive passworded services that require members are experianced and know how to fly and such).

Project Reality's Official Self-Appointed Anti Tank Guru
Over four years and still not banned

Obligatory Epic Forum Quote (QFT + LOL)

ryan d ale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:39 PM   #6
Death_dx

Just realized that this would make it awesome to have a rescue mission for downed pilots, if the kit was indeed on a long pool time.
Death_dx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:04 PM   #7
Cascyth

i'd love to see pilot kit limitations for properly named squads
ie LB, BH etc
but that's probably.. erm.. HARD CODED?

even if it was possible, CO should have an option to disband 'useless' squads with immature or inexperienced pilots, but hey... isn't that hard coded too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_dx View Post
Just realized that this would make it awesome to have a rescue mission for downed pilots, if the kit was indeed on a long pool time.
hah that reminds me of few successful rescue missions on kashan

TW & VoIP

Ingame: WO1 ChrisG[EEF]
Cascyth is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 12:54 AM   #8
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Don't try and regulate the immature gamers who can't get along and work with their team. Just let them sort themselves out, find some people to play with who are going to make your gaming good, and move along.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:16 AM   #9
markonymous

well noobs do waste our resources mostly littlebirds and apaches cus those are "cool" so they jump in throttle to full flip over wait for next spawn rinse and repeat. I dont really see a way to stop that. except maybe put a time limit before you can fly another helicopter if you crash it within 45 sec. A limit of like 30 min. That will keep the noobs away and let the real pilots fly. I know experienced pilots can get unlucky and crash after only a few sec but that doesnt happen to often.

markonymous is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 08:59 PM   #10
Alex6714

How about: You get so many points transporting/flying that you are considered a good pilot and your limit reduces. You crash on take off (rare for good pilots) long limit to get the kit again.

Probably hardcoded but meh.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
kits, limiting, pilot