project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
30 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: What should happen after a car gets TK'd by a friendly mine ?
The "owner" of the mine should be punished (current system). 35 4.45%
The driver of the vehicle should be punsihed. 194 24.65%
It's fault of both - both should be punished. 142 18.04%
It's no one's fault - no one should be punished. 349 44.35%
None of above. I think that ... 67 8.51%
Voters: 787. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 02:32 AM   #71
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

Default Re: Mine teamkill system

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytman View Post
As it stands on any version other than INS with Iraqi Insurgents mines of any kind are very rare. Personally I don't understand why the Iraqi Ins have so many proximity mines when compared to any thing else and I really think it should be changed.

This being said... on topic.... normally its the driver's fault... but he shouldn't take blame. I personally think no one should be punished.
well Ytman, allow me to explain. In game we have a little problem, a realistic pressure plate or trip wire system is not possible. therefore proximity is chosen to act as a trigger for said devices. IRL in afghanistan soldiers deal mostly with pressure plates, trip wires and other forms of victim operated IEDs (IE booby trapped doors and cupboards) The proximity explosives in game seem to be the best way to accommodate for these

in other words rather than having a person trip a wire or put weight on a plate, the game can only handle something such as, object A came within 2 units of the mine, mine will detonate.

Information in the hands of a critical thinker is invaluable, information alone is simply dangerous.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:06 AM   #72
Tarranauha200

None of the above.
I think no one should be punishment but there would be message indicating who`s mine it is and how got killed by it. Example:
Player n00bx was killed by friendly mine, planted by Tarranauha20

Or something like that.
Tarranauha200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:23 AM   #73
Arnoldio
Banned

Nobody should be punished, the death of the crew and vehicles is punishing enough...
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:14 AM   #74
tatne

If the mine was marked, the vehicle waster should get punished. But if the mine isn't marked, then the mine planting guy should get punished.
tatne is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #75
PoisonBill
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to PoisonBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatne View Post
If the mine was marked, the vehicle waster should get punished. But if the mine isn't marked, then the mine planting guy should get punished.
Then the player should be punished by evidence from other players, then charged by a admin who can choose to warn him or kick him, point withdraw isn't really going to change your mind since you aren't playing on a ranked system.
PoisonBill is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:42 PM   #76
Wh33lman

there isnt really a good answer to this question. ive hit mines that were marked on the map because im an idiot. ive also hit mines that wernt marked because the miner was an idiot. it all depends on the situation. if i had to choose, i would say punish both. encourage both to pay attention.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out my Youtube channel!

Wh33lman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #77
Commando_Jenkins

Neither should be punished, why make both parties upset at the same situation? It doesn't solve anything. A mine marker represents a minefield, not an individual mine. If you are driving near mine markers, expect more than 1 mine, or learn what the meaning of 'minefield spotted' means.
Commando_Jenkins is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:55 AM   #78
Herbiie

Neither should be punished - both should be more careful.

The soldier who planted the mine should consider where they're placing it, whether it was just unlucky that a friendly unit happened to set off the mine, or that it was set up in such a place so that it was more likely to be hit by a friendly.

Whoever set it off should be thinking about looking where they're going - they can't blame the mine layer because it could just of easily been an enemy mine.

Herbiie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #79
PoisonBill
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to PoisonBill

If anything a mine teamkill should punish the team in tickets, since it's the teams mistake not a single player usually, even the most experienced player can place a bad mine or not look at the road at a certain moment. Teamplayers should also warn if they know the APC e.g. went into a minefield.
PoisonBill is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:03 PM   #80
illidur

Admin's will handle malicious use of mines easilly. so i think accidental tks are the issue.

so i vote nobody should be punished.
illidur is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
mine, system, teamkill