project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: What should happen after a car gets TK'd by a friendly mine ?
The "owner" of the mine should be punished (current system). 33 4.34%
The driver of the vehicle should be punsihed. 190 24.97%
It's fault of both - both should be punished. 132 17.35%
It's no one's fault - no one should be punished. 341 44.81%
None of above. I think that ... 65 8.54%
Voters: 761. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2008, 08:18 PM   #31
KkarlArsch
Default Re: Mine teamkill system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrax-Sektor View Post
I've noticed that sometimes the giant red skull marker doesn't show up on the map no matter how you place it after placing the first marker. Hope this is adjusted in .8.

You can say it could be spammed, but any feature of the game can be spammed. This way you're not cutting off the arm of the innocent engineer merrily placing mines. Or maybe it's just a bug with the marker deal . . .
I thought it was normal that an engineer can only place one marker?
As far as I remember I was never able to put 2 mine markers - I had to beg the commander to do that for me.

This reminds me of the communication you've got in your squad while being the leader:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
KkarlArsch is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:29 PM   #32
Cyrax-Sektor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkarlArsch View Post
I thought it was normal that an engineer can only place one marker?
As far as I remember I was never able to put 2 mine markers - I had to beg the commander to do that for me.
Good thing I wasn't the only one. This kinda inhibits warning people if you're mining multiple pathways.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|

Yay PR!
Cyrax-Sektor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:51 PM   #33
Death_dx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
Rather than asking who's fault it is, we should think about how to prevent such accidents.

Like:
- Make the ground near the mines red so they are easier to spot from a same team.
- As squad leaders can make rally points, why cant engineers make signs for minefields?
- If its damn hard to make sign objects, even a minefield marker on your map would help a lot. (Like you can see all the rallypoints, just change the icon to mine marker)

This is very simple and basic stuff... But is it going to happen, probably not.
Can't believe no one responded to this yet, you can place a map marker for mines, just hold q with a mine in hand.
Death_dx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:50 PM   #34
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox

a driver CAN move the mine though.... shoot and prone and "push" it.... so.. the driver, if they look for mines, can SEE mines............ and MOVE mines.....

though the engineer SHOULD get the TK if they HADNT marked it... =/

plus: Commorose: Press Q while holding a mine (press 9) and mark it BEFORE you place the mine.....

you have to MARK the mine THEN place the mine =/

LithiumFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:34 PM   #35
WildBill1337

i said that its no one's fault. sometimes shit happens, like maybe an engineer places a mine, but the driver has the map up and doesnt get the warning, or something like that.
WildBill1337 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 12:11 AM   #36
Airsoft Soldier
PR:BF2 Deputy Test Lead
Project Reality Beta Tester

well you really should avoide mines altogether. I think US and chinese are the same mine. I believe more discepline should be added to the careless driver. However there are idiots who intentially put them to block, such as the front gates of basra airport, so if the punish is set to the driver, that could be a problem be exploited.
Airsoft Soldier is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 12:21 AM   #37
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

i believe mines should not count for score to begin with as they are not direct use weapons, mines are set and left till someone steps on it, everything else is you see the guy then blow his freakin head off with it.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:20 AM   #38
[R-DEV]Deadfast
PR:A3 Lead Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Deadfast Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Deadfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_dx View Post
Can't believe no one responded to this yet, you can place a map marker for mines, just hold q with a mine in hand.
I can.

Check out the posting date

[R-DEV]Deadfast is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:27 AM   #39
AnRK
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringerof_D View Post
i believe mines should not count for score to begin with as they are not direct use weapons, mines are set and left till someone steps on it, everything else is you see the guy then blow his freakin head off with it.
You could apply that to any other none combat task, in that case you shouldn't get points for healing, building, throwing ammo etc. Laying mines is a vital task to help your team sometimes, and should be rewarded, especially considering that being engineer doesn't give you the best equipment when you get into a scrap; no scope, no grenades etc.

I've got alot of respect for people that go engineer in infantry squads, I don't think they need any credit taking away from them.
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:06 AM   #40
+SiN+headhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
Rather than asking who's fault it is, we should think about how to prevent such accidents.

Like:
- Make the ground near the mines red so they are easier to spot from a same team.
- As squad leaders can make rally points, why cant engineers make signs for minefields?
- If its damn hard to make sign objects, even a minefield marker on your map would help a lot. (Like you can see all the rallypoints, just change the icon to mine marker)

This is very simple and basic stuff... But is it going to happen, probably not.
the mine marker on the map is already ingame. Press t wen u have a mine out and click it

^^New Australian server up^^
+SiN+headhunter is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
mine, system, teamkill