project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
30 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2007, 02:16 PM   #11
Ecko
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec_Operator View Post
Nah, dont think so. I dont think in real life civlians are allowed to kill other civilians, i wouldnt even trust them enough to give them a rifle imo.
He means like blackwater, or at least I assume...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AKA Ecko1987
Beep-Beep-Beep.
Ecko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:15 PM   #12
oldtimer
Default capture and free civies/soldiers

Instead of kniving civies i prefer to capture them if hostile and jail them in some sort of jail/bunker that needs to be guarded. Soldiers for that matter should be able to surrender to allow the other team to capture them as well. When captured these soldiers/civies can be recruited to fight for the other team. Also when in jail new information is obtained about weapon caches, enemy rally point of the squad the soldier was part of. (Say within 10 minutes of being captured the players becomes part of the other team). The other team on the other hand, have a new objective in freeing the captured players by breaching a hole in the bunker/jail.

What i would like to see as well are a couple of bot civilians. Which are neutral.

Lastly, give the civies some decent clothes, more type of shirts.
oldtimer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:56 PM   #13
Doc_Frank

Part of your idea has been suggested already (Counterstrike-like stuff), other is being worked on (knifing), the rest is impossible.

"The torture never stops."
Doc_Frank is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:37 PM   #14
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
Instead of kniving civies i prefer to capture them if hostile and jail them in some sort of jail/bunker that needs to be guarded. Soldiers for that matter should be able to surrender to allow the other team to capture them as well. When captured these soldiers/civies can be recruited to fight for the other team. Also when in jail new information is obtained about weapon caches, enemy rally point of the squad the soldier was part of. (Say within 10 minutes of being captured the players becomes part of the other team). The other team on the other hand, have a new objective in freeing the captured players by breaching a hole in the bunker/jail.

What i would like to see as well are a couple of bot civilians. Which are neutral.

Lastly, give the civies some decent clothes, more type of shirts.
I imagine 1/2 of the players being arrested and the other half guarding them - that must be fun

AI civs would be cool and realistic, but thats impossible i guess - and if it would be possible, then it would take away player slots

Quote:
He means like blackwater, or at least I assume...
Even if its "blackwater", they should not have the order to kill any civilians, that would ruin the game for every civ and for those who want to get them alive - and it is not really realistic that a couple of blackwater guys is walking through a city killing everyone who has a rock, because they are "allowed to".
[R-DEV]Spec is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 01:51 AM   #15
halvor1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec_Operator View Post
I imagine 1/2 of the players being arrested and the other half guarding them - that must be fun

AI civs would be cool and realistic, but thats impossible i guess - and if it would be possible, then it would take away player slots

Even if its "blackwater", they should not have the order to kill any civilians, that would ruin the game for every civ and for those who want to get them alive - and it is not really realistic that a couple of blackwater guys is walking through a city killing everyone who has a rock, because they are "allowed to".
guys we are off topic here. So what do you guys think of my idea a enemy team that helpes the other faction with their work add rope for the civilians to help soldiers get to places that they cant reach?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
halvor1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:14 AM   #16
M4nicMin3r

I think civvies that help the opposite team would be great, but its an FPS not an rpg, so im not too sure if it would work out well at all.

Also in game modes like insurgency ppl dont like it as its almost viewed as cheating. It would be better in these cases if the ammo cache locations werent visible ( on the maps ) to civvies. Then again that wouldnt work as all players would have to do is switch kits then view the cache location and switch back to been a civvie.

Ingame name frazzb0b : All round good guy and minge-itsu master.

Quote from ArmA forums says it all.
"Arma 2 has a very lucky dev team, who have a very patient community, who will always stay loyal in the faith that one day arma 2 will be complete.
Flashpoint has a weeks worth of out the box gameplay, after that it's boring. "
M4nicMin3r is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
civilians, helping