project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 06:11 PM   #1
Tikigod
Default Make Pilots Captured By Knife (Like Civilians)

Can pilots be made so there is a knifing bonus/penalty? (to simulate a capture like on the latest insurgency map)

Game Logic:

Unlike the civilian model, pilots can be killed (without penalty to the enemy)
-this will make the pilots want to hide and evade rather than stand out in the open.

-the pilot will always be uncertain if the enemy will want to kill him or just capture him (by knifing) for points.

Bigger ticket bonus/penalty for knifing a pilot (rather than shooting him)
-civilian penalties for capture were small because there were many of them. with pilots, there can be a larger reward/penalty because the chances of coming across a shot down pilot is less frequent.

-This will make the enemy want to hunt down pilots and surround them for capture, rather than just kill them. Because it would be like striking gold or finding a prize/treasure.

Pilot Kits are limited per game map (6/6 have already been issued)
-This will prevent too many pilots playing musical chairs at the helicopter spawn areas.

-This will also create a selfish greed/demand for his specialty kit. He will now want survive in order to keep his kit to fly again. He will do whatever it takes to survive or be rescued. His logic will now be: "I have one of the few pilot kits." "I must survive to keep it." "By the time I work my way back to base, I will have a new helicopter waiting for me."

-This will eliminate pilots committing suicide in the field with the careless attitude that they can just respawn back at base for another kit (and play musical chairs again).
Last edited by Tikigod; 11-05-2007 at 06:32 PM..
Old 11-05-2007, 06:40 PM   #2
Tweaky

Send a message via AIM to Tweaky Send a message via MSN to Tweaky Send a message via Skype™ to Tweaky

Dunno about the knifing stuff.... But I agree 100% on the idea for limited pilot kits on servers where only one aircraft is possible to fly. Like 2 allowed on Al Basrah... or even one.

Tweaky is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:30 PM   #3
DJJ-Terror

Love this ideas verry much.

Who want to get things done will find a way and who dosen't will find an excuse.

klan DOJAJA
DJJ-Terror is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:54 PM   #4
Doom721

Sounds like a good idea, only problem I forsee with limiting pilot kits is on maps like kashan where vehicles spawn in waves ( You really can have 2-3 A10s/and or F16s on USMC seen it happen!)

Then again - would pilots still have a pistol?

Though I do agree an *enemy* killing a pilot should be worth more than an average grunt

"FAIL" - Right after you drive on the grass in Gran Turismo 4
Playing PR since Halo dropping spec ops and SL spawn ( .3 )
Proud Member of the ~6 player PR clan StrkTm
Doom721 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:00 PM   #5
jayceon515

Indeed a very good idea about limiting pilot kit. Would then work similar to the sniper (being requested at the beginning of the round) but the only difference is that if the enemy kills a sniper they usually keep their kit whereas the pilot only carries a pistol which is no use to them.
Maybe even limiting the crewman kit wouldn't be a bad idea. Depending on the number of tanks and APCs being on the map so we don't have half of the team camping at main base waiting for tanks/APCs to spawn (we still only have max of 32 people per side).
jayceon515 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:41 PM   #6
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

i think that the reason of why pilot and crewman are unlimited is because is impossible to have diferent amount of kits avalibles per map .

maybe make them pick up able kits that only spawn at the tank/plane/chopper will sovle this ?
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:56 PM   #7
DavidP
Banned

I freakin love this idea!
DavidP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:04 PM   #8
Tikigod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom721 View Post

Then again - would pilots still have a pistol?
I think the pistol is attiquit for self-defense. Its realstic to the a pilot's real world loadout and the main reason why he carries it. Plus, it would be entertaining to watch someone bring a pistol to a knife fight

The pistol is limited to ammo. A pilot can't be in a shootout for too long. Tactics for a team trying to capture a pilot would be to overwhelm him with numbers. You would try to lure him into a firefight, taunt him, and get him to use up all his ammo before you move in for the capture.

Like I said earlier, you can use flashbangs, blind him with smoke, or make him bleed with a shot to the leg, etc. so that you could move in quickly to knife him for the capture.
Last edited by Tikigod; 11-05-2007 at 09:13 PM..
Old 11-05-2007, 09:10 PM   #9
Ragni<RangersPL>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikigod View Post
Pilot Kits are limited per game map (6/6 have already been issued)
-This will prevent too many pilots playing musical chairs at the helicopter spawn areas.
Limiting pilot kits is a good idea.

As for the rest (knifing and stuff), I would shot enemy pilot on sight, no matter how many points I could get for knifing him (I just saw too many players that were killed by someone equiped with a pistol).

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!!!
Do not post stupid suggestions just because you had a bad round in PR
Last edited by Ragni<RangersPL>; 11-05-2007 at 09:17 PM..
Old 11-05-2007, 11:17 PM   #10
Raniak

I really love the idea, but you would need something to make the pilot "want" to get back to base...

Anyway, great idea !

Raniak is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
captured, civilians, knife, make, pilots