project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2007, 12:01 AM   #21
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Jaymz View Post
Watch as I completely destroy your thread...
Fixed. Sort of

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:45 AM   #22
pasfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Jaymz View Post
Watch as I completely derail your thread...

1. Your references come from videos, microphones on video cameras are intended to capture speech and ambiance. They are intended for daddy to film his babies first steps, or to watch him blow out his first birthday candles. NOT to capture the SPL that a gunshot produces. Or any sound as loud as that. I think plenty of lads who have shot weapons here will attest to the fact that what you hear on youtube is bollucks. Segue to point no.2....

2. Your references come from youtube videos. Poor sound quality. To quote sofad "high freq. cut plus high compression = bad reference". Did you even notice that the HK21 sounds different it all of them?

3. Youmont and Terranova make good points. The sound is from Euro Forces and we all know that making realistic gunshot sounds was the last thing on DICE's mind. It wasn't changed because we had bigger, better priorities. About the rof on the weapon. Point taken, will be 900rpm in the future.

In terms of the gunshots sounding crap, some indeed do. However sofad and myself are planning some recording sessions where we'll ensure we capture the most realistic sounds possible and make the audio in PR as immersive as it can possibly be.

i love you.

*PAS*
"You can't expect to have the DEVS make everything idiot proof....(though that is an arguable point due to the generous number of said idiots that do play the game)."

"next time I catch you in the bushes outside my place, I'm skipping the 911 call and going straight to 1911."
-unknown youtuber
pasfreak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:31 AM   #23
AnRK
Supporting Member

Didn't know that youtube automatically compressed sound, or is that the camera compressing it as it's recording to compensate for the ridiculous level of input relative to the mics SPL handling? (although in my experience mics that can't hack high SPLs just distort, like mobile phones recording gigs and stuff). It's pretty obvious that youtube hardly uses a great sampling rate, no matter how good or bad the sound quality might have been before hand though, so I dunno why people keep coming in with these stupid criticisms.

Knew I shouldn't have dropped out of my music tech AND sound tech courses...
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:11 PM   #24
agentscar

Send a message via Yahoo to agentscar Send a message via Skype™ to agentscar

Yea,what's up with the HK21E sounding like an M-60?Then again what's up with the MEC even having it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

agentscar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 12:30 AM   #25
pasfreak

apparently mec likes hk weaponry

*PAS*
"You can't expect to have the DEVS make everything idiot proof....(though that is an arguable point due to the generous number of said idiots that do play the game)."

"next time I catch you in the bushes outside my place, I'm skipping the 911 call and going straight to 1911."
-unknown youtuber
pasfreak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 01:07 AM   #26
agentscar

Send a message via Yahoo to agentscar Send a message via Skype™ to agentscar

The only HK weapon that makes sense that MEC have here is the HK53...

agentscar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 03:28 AM   #27
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentscar View Post
nitpick much?

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Jaymz is online now Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 04:45 AM   #28
ZaZZo

G3 is license produced in the Middle East isn't it?
ZaZZo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:11 AM   #29
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

^
It sure is.

bosco_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:34 AM   #30
robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentscar View Post
All the HK weaponry in the game is here to stay, so pipe down.
robbo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
handk, sound