project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2007, 07:02 AM   #11
MAINERROR
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to MAINERROR Send a message via MSN to MAINERROR Send a message via Skype™ to MAINERROR

And how about implementing a disable HUD function? I know that it is possble but i think its only serversided. My opinion is that the user should be able to decide if he wanna see the HUD or not.

I know that i can set the opacity to zero but the minimap doenst disappear completely. And if i set the draw. HUD to null then all HUD things disappear also the aimpoint from the M4 and such things. Is there any way to fix that or implement that or is it hardcoded?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MAINERROR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:38 AM   #12
Reddish Red

Ah.

Heres a Idea:

You can spot APCS,Jeeps,Tanks etc without binocs

for Infantry you need to spot with binocs/scope, if there a Certain distance away
Reddish Red is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:46 AM   #13
[R-DEV]Deadfast
PR:A3 Lead Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Deadfast Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Deadfast

What about just keeping the dots that shows on a map after spotting static (e.g. they will stay on a position, where the enemy was spotted, won't move with him) ?
Please, let it not be hardcoded...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Deadfast is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:49 AM   #14
AnRK
Supporting Member

It'd be nice if there were some way to remove the auto spotted thing (just pressing the middle section), it would get rid alot of the spamming that people to to see if there are enemies in an area. Only problem is the time it would take, if you could have it so left clicking was an automatic infantry spot and right clicking brought up the existing menu for armour and such it'd be ok though. It'd sort out the tracking effect you get too when you auto spot people.

On the other hand it would mess up spotting aircraft, unless you could have the auto spotted thing apply to air and nothing else. Not sure if these ideas are any good, but something needs to be done about it.
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:47 AM   #15
nicoX
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teek View Post
why not, its just a easy IRL. you see some movement, you point, and state range. If its friendly then you communicate with the SL or HQ.
This takes time. So limit the spotting only for your squad and the friendlies that are within 20m from you at the time you spot. Within your squad you got a fast communication and friendlies within your area can hear you. For the rest it takes longer time for you to HQ and the HQ to tell the rest of the platoon.

Last edited by nicoX; 09-26-2007 at 03:45 PM..
Old 09-26-2007, 05:13 PM   #16
Leo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINERROR View Post
And how about implementing a disable HUD function? I know that it is possble but i think its only serversided. My opinion is that the user should be able to decide if he wanna see the HUD or not.

I know that i can set the opacity to zero but the minimap doenst disappear completely. And if i set the draw. HUD to null then all HUD things disappear also the aimpoint from the M4 and such things. Is there any way to fix that or implement that or is it hardcoded?
nvm, didn't see that last part.
Leo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:32 PM   #17
Sgt_Canadian_Floss

If someone spots an ennemy, just make that ennemy visible only to the people besides the one that spotted it
I doubt every soldier walks around screaming into a microphone to tell every single person on the map that he spotted an ennemy on top of a hill
Sgt_Canadian_Floss is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:58 PM   #18
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoliani View Post
When you use the spotting function you do something automatic. You spot someone far away either it is a friendly (not spotted) or enemy. It shouldn't be that easy. First of all you need to use your binoculars to see him. Then the next step how are you gonna reveal his position (for this game). I find the spotting function basic, something from vanilla and a need to be changed. How there are many ideas of, and I'm sure all are better than what we use today.
I love this idea because the spotting feature is used by other and my self in particular to search areas and ID enemies with out actually gaining a clear visual first.

In real life, soldiers must gain a visual before declaring they have spotted an enemy. In PR, one can point in any direction, press a button too see if an enemy is on that location. Although it must been with in line of sight, this still provides a huge area to which can be searched.

When i am close to my squad members and i REALISTICALLY gain a visual ID on an enemy, i use VOIP to communicate this to my squad members and sometimes spotting as well.
Spotting the enemy just provides a precise location - provides extra info. But crucially this extra information is not absolutely necessary when an enemy location is described using VOIP.
E.g. "1 enemy INF, North West, outbound, behind the wall" - takes 3 secs and is exactly the information you need and really NO MORE!

It does not take skill to press a button, when pointing in the area closely around them!
But it does takes skill to quickly and effectively described the location of an enemy to your squad members.

In PR good overall communication, especially VOIP, is a prerequisite to success and all areas of the game must encourage players to develop these communications skills. But EVEN WHEN PLAYERS TO GAIN A VISUAL ID the spot feature makes it less necessary to be able to communicate effectively over VOIP.

Therefore in the interests of encouraging players to develop their skills at communication effectively over VOIP i strongly support the removal of the ability to spot by most classes.

However due to the games lack of inter-squad co-ordination i believe a number of exceptions must be made, as nicoliani suggested.

These being persons who's job it is to provided reconnaissance becuase it is there job to ID enemies and communicate them, but VOIP cannot as easily used to communicate this to other squads. The spot feature provides a simple but effectively method of communicating enemy locations. Such examples could include:
Specs opp class
Sniper class
Recon vehicles
and mabey even the marksman.
Last edited by Top_Cat_AxJnAt; 09-26-2007 at 06:09 PM..
Old 09-27-2007, 05:12 AM   #19
Winterfrost

spotting is fine as it is
Winterfrost is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:57 AM   #20
AnRK
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfrost View Post
spotting is fine as it is
Boring!
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote