project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2007, 09:27 AM   #1
zangoo

Default how view distance would fix things

ok if you increase view distance it would help fix some things things like tanks shooting down heli and tanks getting one hit. i always am shooting at tanks at about 800-900m away but if i hit a t90 it wont go down but if it hits me i am down, if the view distance was 2000m you could shoot at a tank at 1500m it would take some time for it to find where you are so you could kill it and you would be ok. also people say that the 1 hit kill is cus people are not using tanks at long ranges this would help to make tanks long range. also this would help helis not get hit by tanks cus they have to fly 100m above the ground, the heli could shoot tanks at long distances and even if the tank did see it at 1500m the chances of it hiting that heli are very small so the tank would have to wait for the heli to get closer to hit it. it would also be more real.
zangoo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:08 AM   #2
Hardtman

I think that we should wait some time until again raising the view distance. We already have some problems (The strange flickering) and suboptimal issues (grass being virtually useless as concealment) with the enhanced view distance.
So I'd say before further raising the distance, some more tuning and fixing with the issues at hand would be better.
Oh, and I haven't even thought the even greater amount of lag this would create with non-highend system users.

The 1-hit kill on the abrams is afaik an unwanted issue that can't be fixed without making a new model for it. (If I remember correctly the zones where Sabot scores a 1-hit kill are bigger than they should be)

It's true that it would help the helis quite a bit, since wouldn't have to pitch their nose so far down for shots from greater height. But I would think it a better solution if they could pitch some degrees without accelerating, because I seem to remember such is possible in real life too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hardtman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:29 PM   #3
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

yea, that flickering wil prevent view distances being increased for a while yet.

The helos need alot of work still anyway, but then again so does the AA systems. The devs said the last thing they would do is the aircraft.

Cant wait tho, cuz ur right it would be beneficial for gameplay.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
distance, fix, things, view