project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2007, 06:06 PM   #21
SGT.JOKER

Send a message via AIM to SGT.JOKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]dunehunter View Post
I'm sure that I've seen this suggestion before
I belive that was me lol

SGT.JOKER>FTW<(Fight To Win) In Game
Just getting back in the game
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Riflemen, SAW Gunner, Grenaider.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SGT.JOKER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:18 PM   #22
Lampshade111
Banned

I don't think the Army really cares about that rule anymore. Many soldiers seem to get M4A1s now as do Marine Corp officers.
Lampshade111 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:43 PM   #23
Eddie Baker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampshade111 View Post
I don't think the Army really cares about that rule anymore. Many soldiers seem to get M4A1s now as do Marine Corp officers.
Already discussed, Lampshade. Your source may have been mistaken; as reported by veterans on this forum, refurbished / converted receivers were still stamped M4A1 despite being 3 rd burst only. So, until proven otherwise, I call bullshit on the Marines issuing unrestricted full-auto M4A1s to anybody except their Recon/MSOB detachments and perhaps FAST Company CQB teams.
Eddie Baker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:55 PM   #24
Lampshade111
Banned

Why do you think it is bullshit? I believe the official report designated Marine Corp officers as receiving M4A1s. They don't pay that much attention to the whole three round burst only plan with the M4 series anyway. Different veterans also say different things.
Lampshade111 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:21 PM   #25
AnRK
Supporting Member

I think he just wants to check your referencing. Due to what Bob and many others have said on the issuing of full auto rifles to U.S. troops, I'm very reluctant to believe you myself unless you show us where you got that info from.
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:29 AM   #26
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
Why do you think it is bullshit? I believe the official report designated Marine Corp officers as receiving M4A1s. They don't pay that much attention to the whole three round burst only plan with the M4 series anyway. Different veterans also say different things.
It doesn't even matter though because true Officers are not ingame except for the commander. Officers can pretty much carry what they want and usually have a sidearm. The Officer ingame is just a Cpl of a fireteam or a Sgt of a fireteam or squad, and they usually do not carry M4s, they carry an M16/203 or M16 with a type of magnification.

"Push the Envelope, Watch It Bend"

Tool ~ Lateralus
00SoldierofFortune00 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:46 AM   #27
Amek

SL ingame just needs a gun that kills enemies, doesn't really matter which one. M16 shoots bullets that do damage and they are lethal when you shoot enough of them.
MEC SL shoots a bigger bullet and chinese has great scope. Giving US SL m4 wouldn't really help much.
Amek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:56 PM   #28
WNxKenwayy

Quote:
Really, and this official report is where again? There was one a while back that said something to that effect, but it was just the writer of the report, like many on this forum, being a dumbass and putting A1 after M4.

The army absolutely does not issue full-auto variants of the M4, period. SOCOM does.
WNxKenwayy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
officer