project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2007, 08:41 PM   #1
Ghost716
Banned
Default sniper kit only in small squads

Is it possible to restrict the sniper kit so you can only get it in a small squad of less than three people? That way it can be used realistically with a spotter instead of as a designated marksman kit with extra zoom. Or is that hard coded?

(I'm basing this on the assumption that snipers work in teams of two with a spotter and marksmen work with a full squad for long distance engagement like I read in the manual. feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)
Ghost716 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:49 PM   #2
[R-DEV]dbzao
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I was thinking about this idea after replying to another sniper thread today.

I think it would be nice to require exactly 2 players in a sniper squad, no more, no less.

My opinion of course... people will definitely disagree bellow...
[R-DEV]dbzao is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:53 PM   #3
ZanderArch

Well, what's stopping Player A and Player B getting together, kitting up, then inviting more squad members? If you got enough underhanded people together, you could put a squad of all the Sniper, Marksman, and HAT kits in one squad as long as you have the communication to do it.

It'd limit "Join squad, grab sniper, die, repeat", but it would still be a viable option for those who play only to annoy.

It's a stick rammed into the crack on the dam, it'll hold for a bit, but that pesky water will find someway to get through.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If you want realism, go outside."
-Krenzo
ZanderArch is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:15 PM   #4
Farks

I got the same idea when reading the "Squad specialization"- thread a while back.

**ON INDEFINITE LEAVE FROM 4 JANUARY 2013 AND ONWARDS**
The language and concepts contained in this post are guaranteed not to cause eternal torment in the place where the guy with the horns and pointed stick conducts his business.

Farks is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:27 PM   #5
SGT.JOKER

Send a message via AIM to SGT.JOKER

im all for the only 2 people in a sniper squad idea, if it could be done of course

SGT.JOKER>FTW<(Fight To Win) In Game
Just getting back in the game

Riflemen, SAW Gunner, Grenaider.

SGT.JOKER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:30 PM   #6
[R-MOD]Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to [R-MOD]Dunehunter

On the same account, how about making the amount of squad members needed to get a Marksman kit higher than the amount needed for a sniper kit? Would prevent people who can't get a sniper kit because they don't have enough people in their squad from using the marksman kit as a substitute.
[R-MOD]Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:04 PM   #7
S.P.C-[Reality]-

sniper squades dont usually last long. i mean you cant guaranty a squade to have a sniper kit for the whole round. it might even result in having so many sniper squades with 2 people in each hanging around and being useless. i dont know about others but when i play commander i only focus on the full squades which can carry out my orders and the squades with 3 or 2 members are left to do whatever they want to do.
still if these stuff dont happen, the sniper squades would be so usefull to the commander and the whole team.

S.P.C-[Reality]- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:27 PM   #8
SGT.JOKER

Send a message via AIM to SGT.JOKER
Default slightely off topic.....

when you play commander if you use VOIP and so is the sniper squad why dont you tell them to go harass the enemy commander while he sets up his assets? if im a sniper thats usually what i attempt to do.

SGT.JOKER>FTW<(Fight To Win) In Game
Just getting back in the game

Riflemen, SAW Gunner, Grenaider.

SGT.JOKER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:38 AM   #9
DavidP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]dbzao View Post
I was thinking about this idea after replying to another sniper thread today.

I think it would be nice to require exactly 2 players in a sniper squad, no more, no less.

My opinion of course... people will definitely disagree bellow...
Increase to 3 and introduce a spotter kit with a soflam.
DavidP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:45 AM   #10
Reddish Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidP View Post
Increase to 3 and introduce a spotter kit with a soflam.
Or just add Soflam to sniper kit.
Reddish Red is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
kit, small, sniper, squads