project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2007, 11:18 AM   #11
OiSkout

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.P.C-[Reality]- View Post
sniper squades dont usually last long. i mean you cant guaranty a squade to have a sniper kit for the whole round. it might even result in having so many sniper squades with 2 people in each hanging around and being useless.
Haha yea that is so true.

I actually made a squad called sniper once in Da Qing Oilfields. I mean, it's my favorite place to play as sniper especially as both team's original skin/camo blends in perfectly, especially with trees. The problem is that there is a lot of armor and helos. I literally fired only one shot, by accident when I went to go spot something. Me and my partner spent like a good 15minutes just crawling and hiding from multiple tanks, the BH, and the Cobra. And then the game ended with tanks blowin our base to hell.

But if anything, if it is possible to limit only small squads to have the sniper kit, make it have to be a 2 or 3 man team.

Sigless.
Last edited by OiSkout; 09-18-2007 at 11:23 AM..
Old 09-18-2007, 11:47 AM   #12
zeidmaan

I personally dont like the idea. For one sometimes its necessary for a squad to take a sniper kit. And I would hate to loose that option and become dependant on a "Sniper Squad" that may or may help me out. Just think how hard and RARE it is to coordinate with a friendly tank and get him to do what you need him to do.
First it has to be a good player manning the tank with VOIP and willingness to role play his part. Than you also need a good commander with VOIP thats also willing to do his part. Than you need to hope that Tank is either a good SL with VOIP or that he is in a squad with a SL with VOIP.
It happens very very rarely. And it would be even harder with Snipers. They are more vulnerable and less mobile. And lets face it, sniper squads would tend to attract many non teamwork players

proud member of *=LP=*
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
zeidmaan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:24 PM   #13
evilc

One thing to say against making two man squad limits - wouldn't it limit the max number of (squadded) players? There is a max of 6 squads isn't there?
evilc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:28 PM   #14
OiSkout

Oh one more thing, if the sniper kit is going to be limited to sniper squads only, would it be possible to reduce the grenadier kit's requirement to two-man squads? A lot of the time the spotter has a 203 for added security. Plus, the grenadier kit isn't used much anyway, and with scopes being added in for the grenadiers, it would make a valuable asset for the team.

Sigless.
OiSkout is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:30 PM   #15
Farks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeidmaan View Post
I personally dont like the idea. For one sometimes its necessary for a squad to take a sniper kit.
If you're in an infantry squad and in need of a sharpshooter - get the marksman kit, that's what it's made for.

**ON INDEFINITE LEAVE FROM 4 JANUARY 2013 AND ONWARDS**
The language and concepts contained in this post are guaranteed not to cause eternal torment in the place where the guy with the horns and pointed stick conducts his business.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Farks is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:49 PM   #16
AnRK
Supporting Member

Yea you don't get snipers in line infantry squads right? 2 men in squad is a good idea, I'm sick of my squad members getting it.
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:42 PM   #17
OiSkout

Hehe, though this is rare as hell, I had a sniper squad consisting of 2 snipers, 1 marksman, 1 SL(me), and 1 medic. Then this other time my squad of 4, was 2 snipers and 2 marksman(as in you see 4 crosshair icons). Granted, half of the gear is stolen.

And let me tell you, it was fucking sweet. I mean anytime people follow orders or just play good in general, it's a good time. But when you have this amount of reach with infantry, it's so demoralizing for the enemy.

For instance in Kashan in the bunker area. I basically had my squad kind of close to each other and designated zones of fire. Armor was busy fighting each other elsewhere, so it was a very good day for hunting. Picked off guys here and there. But then eventually they caught on, and since they couldn't countersnipe efficiently, they had to send in a few squads(read: I'm assuming 3). Two of the squads also set rallies in locations we discovered, but we couldn't reach it. However, we could shoot them after they spawned(because it was in a pillbox). Let's just say it was a shooting gallery until our commander could direct tank fire into it after we called it out and marked it.

Sigless.
OiSkout is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:46 PM   #18
Tikigod

I find it silly that you need a minimum of 3 people to form a 2 man sniper team. The minimum squad requirement to pickup either sniper or marksman should definately be reduced to 1 or 2.
Tikigod is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:16 AM   #19
Doom721

Theres only been about... once a week a moment where I'm either in a squad, or leading it and say "Ok were engaging infantry at long range - sniper/marksman is A.O.K."

The thing with 2 man sniper squads being FORCED is every sniper wanabee will make a 2 man squad called "sniper" or some other name - it will just be some dude with 2 people, 3rd joins and he says "wtf go away - kick"

and the rare occurrence you need a sniper in a more than 2 man squad ( Had one moment on zatar wetlands hiding on the southern island by map border were our squad leader told someone else to go sniper - and it was worth it.. )

Though I do agree there needs to be a way to keep sniper wanabees out of 6 man squads - when ordered not to ( kick button is my friend. )

I will say the marksman kit needs more than a 3 man squad to request, sick of retards requesting the kit for all the wrong reasons.

"FAIL" - Right after you drive on the grass in Gran Turismo 4
Playing PR since Halo dropping spec ops and SL spawn
( .3
)
Proud Member of the ~6 player PR clan StrkTm
Doom721 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:26 AM   #20
Doc_Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikigod View Post
I find it silly that you need a minimum of 3 people to form a 2 man sniper team. The minimum squad requirement to pickup either sniper or marksman should definately be reduced to 1 or 2.
Thy wish is granted! Thee need a squad of two to pick up thy sniper kit!
RTFM

Marksman kit should be restricted to a 4+ squad I think though.

"The torture never stops."
Doc_Frank is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
kit, small, sniper, squads