project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
27 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2007, 09:06 PM   #1
mrmong
Banned

Default question about tank turret speed

Is it possible for developers to change the speed of wich the tank turret can be controlled with the mouse, if so it would be nice if the tanks turret speed is altered to realistic speeds, i think a full rotation takes nine seconds or something like that.

there would be the problem of people adjusting their mouse sensitivity higher but you could always make the realistic speed as high as the sensitivity will go, as in BF2 you can seperatly adjust vehicle sensitivity

its probably hard coded even if you worked out what i was on about.
mrmong is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:52 PM   #2
Sabre_tooth_tigger

You'd be giving those with 2000dpi & adjustable sensitivity, expensive mice an even bigger advantage over everyone else

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sabre_tooth_tigger is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:57 PM   #3
El_Vikingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre_tooth_tigger View Post
You'd be giving those with 2000dpi & adjustable sensitivity, expensive mice an even bigger advantage over everyone else

There already is, I can easily switch from 2000dpi normal to 400 dpi when zoomed in., therfore no jittery bs that everyone else complains about.

If the OP means locking the tanks adjustable turret speed (i options under "vehicle"), it sounds harcoded, unless they can remove that option through the "flash" stuff.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:09 AM   #4
pasfreak

is disabling sensitivity adjustment possible?

*PAS*
"You can't expect to have the DEVS make everything idiot proof....(though that is an arguable point due to the generous number of said idiots that do play the game)."

"next time I catch you in the bushes outside my place, I'm skipping the 911 call and going straight to 1911."
-unknown youtuber
pasfreak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:34 AM   #5
Emnyron
Supporting Member

No
Since that is client input data, Or put simply
Why the fuck do you want your game to mess with your mouse drivers?!?

We kindly request that you die a pencil lodged in your eye socket.

-[R-DEV]Gaz

Emnyron is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:58 AM   #6
El_Vikingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emnyron View Post
No
Since that is client input data, Or put simply
Why the fuck do you want your game to mess with your mouse drivers?!?
Please enlighten us on how this would fcuk up your mouse drivers.

If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:50 AM   #7
system
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Vikingo View Post
Please enlighten us on how this would fcuk up your mouse drivers.
I'd like to know too, haha.
system is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:14 AM   #8
KingofCamelot
Retired PR Developer

RotationalBundles have a max speed that they can rotate at, so no matter how high the sensitivity is set it won't make them rotate faster. These might be looked at being set more realistically, if we get a chance to do so.

I'm going to be experimenting with a code change which will hopefully fix the hyper sensitive zoomed in view, FYI.

Ruthless Executioner of 280 SpamBots

Retired Lead Coder for Project Reality - 0.25 through 0.4
KingofCamelot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:18 AM   #9
[R-MOD]Cp
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester

I think what Emnyron is trying to say is that if you want to remove the possbility of changing the dpi on your mouse so that what Sabre tooth tigger said wont happen. then youll need the game to block ("fcuk") the mouse drivers.
[R-MOD]Cp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:44 AM   #10
mrmong
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]KingofCamelot View Post
RotationalBundles have a max speed that they can rotate at, so no matter how high the sensitivity is set it won't make them rotate faster. These might be looked at being set more realistically, if we get a chance to do so.

I'm going to be experimenting with a code change which will hopefully fix the hyper sensitive zoomed in view, FYI.
hooray this is what i meant, i knew there was some sort of resistance already built in the turret view
mrmong is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
question, speed, tank, turret