project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2007, 02:27 AM   #11
DarkTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecko View Post
Good idea, too add, is there anyway for the hud to display if the door is closed or not? When ever I'm flying I always get confused. It makes drop offs whilst hovering harder whilst the ramp is open and leads to TKs.
yeah, this would be helpful, if not, then they can just bind ramp down to left mouse, and up to right mouse.

as for the GPMG, imagine if the gunner is on the ramp and the ramp goes up will the gunner be at like a 50 degree angle just holding onto the gun?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DarkTalon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:34 AM   #12
robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxCareBear View Post
lol that liket he third post in 5 mins i seen u askin or a GPMG in game
i think i know wat u will be doin when it is used

anyways have to agree with both suggestons, as atm the merlin dont have anyhtin to help it, as most of the other helis have50. or miniguns pokin out te side
:P have you fired the GPMG on the land rover its f**king awesome
Yeah most helis have a .50 or mini guns on but oh well, the Lynx has a .50 on it, just depends on the task at hand.

Last edited by robbo; 09-09-2007 at 06:43 AM..
Old 09-09-2007, 08:38 AM   #13
P3teR.K

Yeah what would happen to the gunner when the ramp goes up. But yeah both really good suggestions.

Guess the gunner will just be stuck looking at nothing when door is closed which might actually make the the job of the pilot controlling the door more usefull.

Pilot can leave it closed on takeoffs and landings and open when in the air and when safely landed.
P3teR.K is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:16 AM   #14
beef_beef

What about if the GPMG gunner controlled the ramp, its probably not realistic but i think it would work well.
beef_beef is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:23 AM   #15
LtSoucy
Supporting Member

ya becuase he can see how low tey are to the ground but the co=pilot makes people use teamwork and not have 1 guy control everything. What if u did taht to very her. made a door or something the a CO-pilot controls.(BH-Side doors.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reality Gaming - Making Games Reality

LtSoucy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:52 AM   #16
[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude
Forum Moderator

If i remember right, there are lag issues with having another seat in the merlin, so it would be hard to have a GPMG in there, along side a whole squad. Perhaps the ramp controls could be given to the GPMG gunner and another passenger seat instead of the co pilot.

...mongol...

Military Lawyers engaged in fierce action

[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:59 AM   #17
SNIPERxWOLFxGB

Send a message via MSN to SNIPERxWOLFxGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre_tooth_tigger View Post
http://i2.tinypic.com/4ze2zcj.jpg

random picture of a merlin, dont suppose we can get a gun on the rear ramp too
GPMG gunner nice idea
SNIPERxWOLFxGB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:14 PM   #18
LtSoucy
Supporting Member

Quote:
If i remember right, there are lag issues with having another seat in the merlin, so it would be hard to have a GPMG in there, along side a whole squad. Perhaps the ramp controls could be given to the GPMG gunner and another passenger seat instead of the co pilot.

...mongol...
Ya just remove the seat in the middle. Half the time when u do a water drop u are TKed because he takes off thinking everyone is out.

Reality Gaming - Making Games Reality

LtSoucy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:02 PM   #19
ZaZZo

Half the time trying to drop people off in the desert it ends up crashing because someone opens the ramp and the thing tips over.
ZaZZo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:53 PM   #20
TF6049

Like it. Speaking of a C-130, why not put that on a 12km night map. There are only about 10 out there, and they're used for Spec-Ops missions so they might be a good idea there. And, PLEASE give them some sort of I/R sight. They will still have to communicate with ground troops and use the minimap if they want to avoid FF though.

Also, here would be loadout

Pilot
-Controls Aircraft

Co-Pilot
-Has infra-red sights with 20x magnification

Gunner 1
-Has I/R sights with 10x mag.
-Has control of 2 miniguns X 2400 rds. each (1200 rpm, you know?)

Gunner 2
-Has I/R sights with 5x mag.
-Has control of 1 cannon X 900 rds. (same thing as APC one's)

Gunner 3
-Has I/R sights with 2x mag
-Has control of howitzer X 30 shells (basically fires same stuff that cmdr. arty does - can take out a tank)
TF6049 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
door, merlin