project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
26 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2005, 01:51 PM   #61
Stargun

OK, but what if we limit the number of respawns per player per minutes at a given location?

In that case if a player is pretty fast in spawning at the action, AND if he's skilled enough to solve the situation there, then the team wins. If not, then he'll try to respawn again, there fast. But if only 1 respawn per player per minute is limited at the same base, than he fails to respawn, and the slower players will have the chance to save tha day. If the "fast player" chooses another spawn point, then it's OK, he can spawn there.
Stargun is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:19 PM   #62
dawdler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rg
You can't have limited spawns though. Faster players will ruin it for the rest.
Well its probably going to ruin it one way or another for someone, lol.

Personally I still think that the best way to go about this is to simply remove most forward position spawning. You could perhaps spawn at your mainbase and 1-2 other strategical locations (for example the MEC could spawn at the hotel (and of course base), but no other flags, while the USMC can only spawn in the center of those beach flags (and base)).

You get a simple system (cant spawn here), retain the familiar respawn times AND get a significant squad encouragement.

Sidenote: Talking Conquest of course, AAS is a whole different matter.
dawdler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 03:20 PM   #63
SiN|ScarFace

I like the blurred vision when shot idea.
Bullets passing by you should be much louder and crisp.
Bullet impact sounds on everything from people to walls should be increased.

I think its more important to detur the player from rushing to his death than punishing them after, when there was no deturant in the first place.

When you are hiding behind cover and taking fire, you should hear the ammo ripping past and hitting your cover, and it should be loud enough to make you think twice about just running out like its nothing. (as it is now)

When you do run into fire or away you should only be thinking plz plz just 2 feet further.

The bullets are lethal now but they dont sound lethal when they fly by. Even playing paintball you can hear them rip past. When you bunker someone that person hears nothing but zip zip zip zip ripping past your cover and you dont want to sand up into that, as the sound has convinced you only pain will be found if you stand up.

Spawning should be the last thing on the list to make you not want to die. You should be able to be saved by a medic for up to if not longer than 30sec, then a 10 sec countdown to respawn. That way you still have some hope of being saved and you dont have to watch 40sec go by just waiting. Also being a medic there isnt enough time to save people unless they are close w/o putting yourself at unnessasary risk by rushing to save someone because the timer is ticking.
SiN|ScarFace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 03:59 PM   #64
Armand61685
Send a message via AIM to Armand61685

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiN|ScarFace
I like the blurred vision when shot idea.
Bullets passing by you should be much louder and crisp.
Bullet impact sounds on everything from people to walls should be increased.

I think its more important to detur the player from rushing to his death than punishing them after, when there was no deturant in the first place.

When you are hiding behind cover and taking fire, you should hear the ammo ripping past and hitting your cover, and it should be loud enough to make you think twice about just running out like its nothing. (as it is now)

When you do run into fire or away you should only be thinking plz plz just 2 feet further.

The bullets are lethal now but they dont sound lethal when they fly by. Even playing paintball you can hear them rip past. When you bunker someone that person hears nothing but zip zip zip zip ripping past your cover and you dont want to sand up into that, as the sound has convinced you only pain will be found if you stand up.

Spawning should be the last thing on the list to make you not want to die. You should be able to be saved by a medic for up to if not longer than 30sec, then a 10 sec countdown to respawn. That way you still have some hope of being saved and you dont have to watch 40sec go by just waiting. Also being a medic there isnt enough time to save people unless they are close w/o putting yourself at unnessasary risk by rushing to save someone because the timer is ticking.
I second this!
Armand61685 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 04:21 PM   #65
Suicide Commando

I third that

Blurred vision when shot makes sense to me, if you get shot in real life you're not about to ignore it and continue doing what you're doing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Suicide Commando is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:08 PM   #66
Armand61685
Send a message via AIM to Armand61685

When I broke my leg when I was a kid, my world was shattered. I got dizzy, teared at the eye (hence blurry vision) and squinted a lot.
Armand61685 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 10:05 PM   #67
Cerberus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand61685
When I broke my leg when I was a kid, my world was shattered. I got dizzy, teared at the eye (hence blurry vision) and squinted a lot.
But Marines aren't kids

I do agree that when shot or hit with shrapnel, players should momentarily become much less effective. During the wounding, their speed should drastically decrease, and their vision should be affected to make it worse. Aiming sensitivity could possibly raised automatically for the next few seconds so it's hard to aim.

3-7 seconds after the wounding, the player should slowly regain his effectiveness as a soldier.

"Practice proves more than theory, in any case."
- Abraham Lincoln

"i so regret searching "giant hentai penis" on google images though ;_;"
- Garabaldi
Cerberus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 03:06 AM   #68
dawdler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand61685
It happened to me when in combat with a wasp. Lets just say that hard things and quickly moving heads doesnt go well together. At least I came on top, only 2 stitches but the wasp died. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
dawdler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 09:50 AM   #69
Suicide Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus
I do agree that when shot or hit with shrapnel, players should momentarily become much less effective. During the wounding, their speed should drastically decrease, and their vision should be affected to make it worse. Aiming sensitivity could possibly raised automatically for the next few seconds so it's hard to aim.

3-7 seconds after the wounding, the player should slowly regain his effectiveness as a soldier.
Yup as well as blurred vision the aim should become worse, in Red Orchestra the nades cause motion blur but I have no problems firing and ignoring the blur.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Suicide Commando is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
brainstorm, dying, fearful, make, players, ways