project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2005, 09:31 PM   #31
Rg

^I know. I want main base spawning only, but if it doesn't make it in the PR mod, then servers need to be set with long respawn times.
Rg is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:36 PM   #32
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

Thats up to the server admins though, unless PR has some sort of 'PR server admin guidlines' that forbid admins from running the mod with spawntimes set lower than X seconds then the gameplay is at the mercy of how the admin likes to play.

Personally i dont have a problem with waiting 45 seconds for a spawn, however I would rather see it done in a more creative manner such as main base spawning, which coincidentally seems to be the most viable option since the decision of how fast or slow the gameplay goes is no longer left to the server admin.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BrokenArrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 10:26 AM   #33
billclo

At the risk of being called a smartass, how about an animation that comes on after you die, asking what you did wrong, and could you have avoided it? A big animation of your pissed off SGT/CO wagging a finger in your face like a scolded puppy might be annoying enough to get one to pay attention.

No, seriously, increasing the respawn time and only allowing respawns at the main base could be a good thing. I think 60 seconds is good. This also allows medics more time to come up and try to heal you.
billclo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 11:12 AM   #34
dawdler

Quote:
Originally Posted by billclo
At the risk of being called a smartass, how about an animation that comes on after you die, asking what you did wrong, and could you have avoided it? A big animation of your pissed off SGT/CO wagging a finger in your face like a scolded puppy might be annoying enough to get one to pay attention.
"PRIVATE, WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION?! I did not order you to die! I did not order you to blow up! I certainly did not order you to leave a mess on the sidewalk! DROP AND GIVE ME 20!!!"

"PRIVATE!"

*kicks private*

"BEING DEAD IS NOT AN EXCUSE FOR DISSOBEYING A DIRECT ORDER PRIVATE!"

*kicks private again*

"PUTTING BRAINS ON OFFICERS SHOES IS A BOOTABLE OFFENSE PRIVATE!!"

*kicks private just for fun*
dawdler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 02:07 PM   #35
Cerberus

Longer respawn times (45-60 seconds) from main base only

Longer respawn from squad leader

More intimidating sounds when bullets pass near player

"Practice proves more than theory, in any case."
- Abraham Lincoln

"i so regret searching "giant hentai penis" on google images though ;_;"
- Garabaldi
Cerberus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 02:59 PM   #36
solodude23

Send a message via AIM to solodude23 Send a message via Yahoo to solodude23

Eithere Main base spawning only or longer respawn around 30-45 seconds.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 03:06 PM   #37
Suicide Commando

I think players should be forced into squads if this is possible. The game aims for realism so why have loan soldiers running about? Today I was on a server, I was had the highest score on my side and was working with other team members and backing them up... but things got harder after a few players left the server and the other two guys on my side wouldn't let me into their 2 man squad! Two man squads are just lame as hell >_<

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Suicide Commando is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 03:21 PM   #38
Rg

Quote:
Originally Posted by solodude23
Eithere Main base spawning only or longer respawn around 30-45 seconds.
Cerberus and I were just playing at GH and it was set to 30-45sec. Even that felt too short. I think it should be a lot longer. Maybe 60sec. minimum.
Rg is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 03:29 PM   #39
DEDMON5811

Send a message via MSN to DEDMON5811

dude you are so crazy Rg! when you get wounded have to wait 20 secs then die and have to wait 30 that is long enough.

If I wanted to play a forever waiting game I would go back to Americas Army

DEDMON5811 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 03:36 PM   #40
Cerberus

I didn't fear death anymore than I did when there were 15 second spawns.

But some guys got really lucky, like when I went around a corner and this guy was sprinting towards me. I fired at him on semi-auto and hit his chest. He dove and I hit him a few more times. Then he sprayed a buncha 7.62's at me on full-auto and I was killed

"Practice proves more than theory, in any case."
- Abraham Lincoln

"i so regret searching "giant hentai penis" on google images though ;_;"
- Garabaldi
Cerberus is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
brainstorm, dying, fearful, make, players, ways