project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2007, 11:00 AM   #11
G.Drew

Send a message via MSN to G.Drew

now this may sound really quite stupid, put could helo pilots be equiped with a PDW, say an MP-7?

usually guys run up to a helo/jet and request the kit from there, well y not that pilot kits requests from a helo get a PDW, while from a jet its the usual pistol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-COM]BloodBane611: I do like the old school rape...However, it's a bit awkward to be a white boy blasting the old school in public....
G.Drew is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:34 AM   #12
Bonsai

Send a message via ICQ to Bonsai Send a message via Skype™ to Bonsai

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Drew View Post
now this may sound really quite stupid, put could helo pilots be equiped with a PDW, say an MP-7?

usually guys run up to a helo/jet and request the kit from there, well y not that pilot kits requests from a helo get a PDW, while from a jet its the usual pistol
I think this has been suggested before?

And in my opinion it would encourage too many people to land their helicopter somewhere, jump out and engage the enemy?
Pistol is fine.

If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. Sun Tzu
Bonsai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:35 AM   #13
El_Vikingo

So the MP7 is better than 48 rockets from a flying machine?

If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:57 PM   #14
Bonsai

Send a message via ICQ to Bonsai Send a message via Skype™ to Bonsai

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Vikingo View Post
So the MP7 is better than 48 rockets from a flying machine?
...what about transport helicopters?
They are used to transport people nowadays very often.
If you give the pilot a MP-7 i`m sure there will be a lot of players that use the transport version of the helicopters as one-man taxi to the front, bail out, crash the team asset and try to fight with the MP-7.

If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. Sun Tzu
Bonsai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 01:23 PM   #15
Duke
Retired Developer

i honestly dont think theres enough occasions where one bails out and needs to use their sidearm to warrent giveing the entire pilot class PDWs. Leave it with pistols and give em another field dressing in my opinion.

[R-DEV]Eggman - At one point it said Realtitty which I think was a Freudian...
Duke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 01:28 PM   #16
CAS_117

Quote:
Originally Posted by [BF2]Bonsai View Post
...what about transport helicopters?
They are used to transport people nowadays very often.
If you give the pilot a MP-7 i`m sure there will be a lot of players that use the transport version of the helicopters as one-man taxi to the front, bail out, crash the team asset and try to fight with the MP-7.
Or we could just...

A) Make miniguns effective.

B) Give utility helicopters some rockets, or missiles. (Not the stupid littlebird).

That way, instead of getting bored and having to helplessly watch apcs and tanks waste friendly troops, pilots could actually use their helicopters the way god intended.
CAS_117 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 01:34 PM   #17
BetterDeadThanRed

What about helo wrecks spawning an SMG kit?

LeMazing.
BetterDeadThanRed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 01:40 PM   #18
Waaah_Wah
Banned

If you find yourselve behind enemy lines you just kill some lonely wanker and take his kit
Waaah_Wah is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 01:49 PM   #19
jackal22

^ lol

but yeh i dont think ive seen more then 1 pilot bail from a chopper, normally they try to get back to base even if they wont make it.

but if your going to crash... why not smash the chopper into an enemy?

jackal22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 02:07 PM   #20
ZZEZ
Retired PR Developer

They should make it that pilots are unable to bail out of helicopters unless the helicopter has landed, I mean - how exactly can pilots bail out of a active helicopter when theres a rotor above them?
Pistol is fine, maybe another field dressing thats all
ZZEZ is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
chance, give, increased, pilots, survival